AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using mediaportal on my HTPC I have a season of the show fringe all in mkv's. I have gone through all of them and all but 1 of them plays in mediaportal. The episode that doesnt play still has audio just no video. I am not sure what would cause this or how to fix it.

I downloaded a program called graphedit to see what codecs it uses but all the episodes I drag onto that program shows that they are all using the same codec.

Any ideas? Or what info do I need to get to help figure it out.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
MP is a front-end which uses many codecs. Did that 1 mkv PLAY inside graphedit? How about trying MPC-HC and see if it'll play there. MP has too many setup options and versions to troubleshoot here. See if you can get it to play outside of MP and let's not make this a MP issue on the forum when it's an mkv creation issue in its simplest form.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my htpc doesnt play any of the mkv's out of MP for some reason not sure if mediaplayer classic isnt using the codecs or what but if I play the same file on my desktop all of the mkvs play fine. But I use one of the klite megacodec packs on my desktop so it plays just about everything where as I use the CoreAVC 2.0 codecs on my HTPC.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
That's a different problem than you described originally. I use the CCCP which includes the Haali splitter and I also registered and use the MP-VideoCodec for .264 playback within MP 1.0.2 I found it uses DXVA and reduces my CPU usage greatly over PDVD using the internal player. I've also had success with the DivX codec which does .264 in recent releases... sounds like you need the Haali splitter or some splitter to play any .mkv inside MP. Check out the MP forums for specific help...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts