AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try and upgrade to MP 1.0.2 as I wanted to try the latest tv series and moving pictures plugins and fancied a different skin

I downloaded MP and chose the upgrade option, everything went through fine and started up MP - I have no sound when watching TV..

My Music and My videos are all fine, I even get sound when moving through the menus - it is only when watching TV that I get no sound

closing MP and checking that no options are set to mute - all OK and I have sound from within windows so I know its not a hardware issue. I haven't changed settings, all I did was to upgrade

Please help - this is a showstopper at the moment - I have no watchable TV

Anyone else had this problem, does the upgrade change a setting that Im not aware of???

Further testing revealed the following..

MP 1.0.0 everything works ok

MP 1.0.1 everything works BUT sound for live TV

MP 1.0.2 everything works BUT sound for live TV

What has changed between 1.0.0 and 1.0.2?

What controls sound for the TV service as sound is working for movies, music and within the OS, just not for TV. Im not sure where to look to solve this one?

Any help gratefully appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up, there is a codec change as I now have 'Gabest mpeg 2 codec as a listed option in the TV config, which wasn't there before. I also have cyberlink and the default ATI codecs, I have selected each one and tried MP, but I still have no sound when watching TV with MP. But we can watch DVD's and listen to music through MP

Im going to google gabest + MP and see if I can find anything...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried changing things from the client set up screen

I have attached a jpeg of the screen I mean so you can see.

Im not sure where to look to solve this problem, Im presuming that live TV is 2 streams, one for the picture and one for the audio - as everything was working b4 the upgarde, Im thinking my codecs are OK, especially as I can listen to music and watch xvid or mkv/DVD files from with MP.

Shoul I be looking at the TV server config - I couldn't see any relevant options for audio in there...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts