AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to purchase a Mediatron when they become available and use it with an NAS (I have already purchased a Linksys EFG120). I want to start setting up my music system by ripping my CD's in WAV and downloading my mp3's from the PC to the NAS.

What software should I use for working with and organizing the music so I am ready when the Mediatron becomes available?

All suggestions are appreciated.

Al Vorne

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
If you want to rip to WAV's either use the AudioStation software from Turtle Beach, which will tag the .wav files so the AT will get all the info, or use a combination of Exact Audio Copy (EAC) and the ATWavTag utility to accomplish the same thing...

And be sure to grab cover art for your CD's at the same time.

As for organizing your files, do whatever makes the most sense to you - the AT is very flexible, it doesn't really care how you sub-divide the files. Just make sure you place everything at least one directory deeper than you plan to share. The AT won't grab files in the root directory of a share.

Jeff

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I will look at the Audio Station software. I had been using cdex to rip cd's in wav to my pc. Are you familiar with it? Does it lack some features that Audio station has for application with the Audiotron?

In another thread the Voyetra Music Software that you get to demo when you purchase the auditron was mentioned. Is anyone familiar with the Audio Station, Voyetra Music software or cdex to make any comparisons?

Alfrado

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Not familiar with cdex, but the "Voyetra Music Software" *is* AudioStation...

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.