AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
24,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think that there is enough interest to start a thread. I plan to have a meet at my home on Saturday April 28th. I will firm up the start time soon but expect mid afternoon start. There are some new things some relatively new ones.

For those who have been here lately I've added a second Sony 5000 projector to the mix to increase HDR performance primarily. This "stack" was set up by Ken Whitcomb. This is lighting up a 16' wide Stewart Vistascope screen.

I also have a full Atmos room with Harman JBL speakers including M2 mains with the Trinnov Altitude 32 processing. Recently I've also added two of Mark Seaton's new 18's to my four Submersives for some very impressive bass.

Anyway , if you are interested in attending let me know here or via PM and the names or AVS names of those coming with you. Wives and girl friends are welcome. I will limit the number at some point .

It will likely be real informal with demos and requests etc running.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ultra-hi-end-ht-gear-20-000/2836721-some-recent-upgrades.html

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ultra-hi-end-ht-gear-20-000/2944060-ken-whitcomb-sony-5000es-stack-sonneborn-theater.html

I'm going to go ahead and post a list of those who have expressed interest to this point:

Suffolk 1120 *
Ron +1 *
D6500Ken*
DIYGuy*
RGB+1*
Kevin4730 +1*
mushroommunk*
Brian6751*
hd0823*
mtbdudex*
sandbagger*
ccsid123+1*
Itai Bengal+1*
sdrucker*
SAM ZEOLI*
|Tch0rT|*
Axel+1*
Alahoops24*
jsalk*
jv3008687*
thebland+1*
nathanandrews+1*
Don-Kellogg*
luv2fly3+2*
Mark Seaton*
gworrel*
Rick Reeves*
smoothlk*
boomer +1*
aauno
stereodude+1*
geocab*
imrf*
Dan Francis
Mahuzz13*
Pennynike1 +1*
SOWK*
GetGray +1*
PAD +1*
MrDLC*+1

* Asterisk indicates those who have committed to attending

Art

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
I think that there is enough interest to start a thread. I plan to have a meet at my home on Saturday April 28th. I will firm up the start time soon but expect mid afternoon start. There are some new things some relatively new ones.

For those who have been here lately I've added a second Sony 5000 projector to the mix to increase HDR performance primarily. This "stack" was set up by Ken Whitcomb. I also have a full Atmos room with Harmon JBL speakers including M2 mains with the Trinnov Altitude 32 processing. Recently I've also added two of Mark Seaton's new 18's to my four Submersives for some very impressive bass.

Anyway if you are interested let me know here or via PM and the names or AVS names of those coming with you. Wives and girl friends are welcome. I will limit the number at some point .

It will likely be real informal with demos and requests etc running.

Art

It’s so awesome to see a theater of this caliber being offered as a GTG location. Thanks Art for doing this for us! Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend but hope to experience your setup in the future. I know everyone will have a great time!

·
Registered
24,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s so awesome to see a theater of this caliber being offered as a GTG location. Thanks Art for doing this for us! Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend but hope to experience your setup in the future. I know everyone will have a great time!
Sorry to hear that you can't come.

For me though I only have meets around large upgrades. This gives folks who have been here more of a reason to attend again.

As we get closer I will request a more firm commitment so I can get the food and drink I need. Additionally demos will have to be run in shifts at first and just what I'll have ready will be determined by the numbers.

Art

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Sorry to hear that you can't come.

For me though I only have meets around large upgrades. This gives folks who have been here more of a reason to attend again.

As we get closer I will request a more firm commitment so I can get the food and drink I need. Additionally demos will have to be run in shifts at first and just what I'll have ready will be determined by the numbers.

Art
Art Wondering if my pm went through to you my pm' s haven't been sending out right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Art;

Wow, these are (once again) very impressive upgrades.

I would love to join and potentially bring my wife.

~Axel

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Holy Crap, more bass?!?!! I'm so in!

Hoping to convince my son to come once, but my +1 will probably be Craig again... :)

Reactions: sandbagger

·
Registered
995 Posts
Count me in I missed out on at least the last upgrade so its been a while

Reactions: suffolk112000

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mentioned this in the main Michigan thread but putting here for your convenience too. Count me in. Your theater sounds like what we aspire to have ourselves.

·
Registered
24,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy Crap, more bass?!?!! I'm so in!

Hoping to convince my son to come once, but my +1 will probably be Craig again... :)
It will be fun. Just let me know who you want to bring. The added light output in the projection is what you are going to notice I think. Hard to believe that 30fL looks dull in comparison

Art

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It will be fun. Just let me know who you want to bring. The added light output in the projection is what you are going to notice I think. Hard to believe that 30fL looks dull in comparison

Art
My son is in! I told him about the shrimp cocktail and the table full of food...he jumped at it then!

Reactions: suffolk112000

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Count me in I missed out on at least the last upgrade so its been a while
Hey Art, at least your ditches are shallow! hahaha Just kidding Kevin!!

·
Registered
24,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mentioned this in the main Michigan thread but putting here for your convenience too. Count me in. Your theater sounds like what we aspire to have ourselves.

I've had several big meets over the years great to get folks together who all get the reason I did what I did.

Art

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm interested. Depends if I can get a baby sitter or enough sleep (3rd shifter). Battle Creek isn't far from me at all, in the Jackson area.

1 - 20 of 287 Posts