Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you Warner.

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Media book too!

Quote:
ntroduction by Liza Minnelli

Audio commentary by Garland biographer John Fricke, actress Margaret O'Brien, screenwriter Irving Brecher, songwriter Hugh Martin, and Barbara Freed-Saltzman, daughter of producer Arthur Freed

3 documentary specials - Meet Me in St. Louis: The Making of an American Classic, Hollywood: The Dream Factory, and Becoming Attractions: Judy Garland

The 1966 pilot for the Meet Me in St. Louis TV series

2 vintage shorts - 1930's Bubbles and 1941's Skip to My Lou

Audio Vault featuring an outtake of "Boys and Girls Like You and Me" and a 1946 Lux Radio Theater broadcast

·
Innocent Bystander
3,216 Posts
From today's Bits:

Quote:
Warner Home Video has moved the street date for Meet Me in St. Louis on Blu-ray from 12/23 to 12/13 (SRP $35.99). Adjust your plans accordingly. Extras will include an intro by Liza Minnelli, audio commentary with John Fricke, Margaret O'Brien, Hugh Martin, Irving Brecher and Barbara Freed-Saltzman, audio of the Lux Radio Theater broadcast and a music-only audio track.
http://digitalbits.com/#mytwocents

·
Innocent Bystander
3,216 Posts
RAH's comments on the BD, in part:

Quote:
We all know that way that WB treats its three-strip productions, and Meet Me in St. Louis takes it to the highest levels.

Scanned from the original camera negatives, and composited via the proprietary Ultra-resolution process, the resultant element from WB's MPI digital facility is nothing less than breathtaking. One might ask "where did the audio come from?"

In typical fashion, the studio wasn't happy to use the 1/4 magnetic archival audio.

Instead they returned to the original optical stems, and re-created the audio to sound better than it did in prints in 1944. This audio is 67 years old, and amazing.

Meet Me in St. Louis is an extraordinary artifact of Hollywood's Golden Age, brought to Blu-ray with consummate love, care and attention detail.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/31...uis-in-blu-ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.