AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the train wrecks Gangs of New York , The Longest Day and Patton , I think its time to make a comparison PIX on something more "mainstream", "recent" and look "sharper"

And its good to know(sic) Fox have their priorities straight. They did not butcher this one(oh God!).

There is still some catalog Blu-ray releases that are are very good with no idiotic scrubbing involved like The Professionals , A Passage To India and The Sand Pebbles . But you gotta admit the poeple who love this movies is not exactly buying them left and right. Renting is more prevalent and considering the price the studios are asking its no suprise.

Anyways the majority don't even care about this classic movies. Heck, I don't think they even heard about this movies before. Meet the Spartans vs. Close Encounter? Which one sold the most BD discs. Or the combined sales of Professionals, APTI and TSP vs. MTS.

So here it is the best looking HD release in months. Sharp and detailed with lots of "3D POP" (*please kill me now*)

If only we can take the sharp details of this movie and transfer them to Patton and Longest Day

Code:
Code:
Total   Video                           

Title                                                           Codec   Length  Movie Size      Disc Size       Bitrate Bitrate Main Audio Track        

Secondary Audio Track
-----                                                           ------  ------- --------------  --------------  ------- ------- ------------------      

---------------------
Meet The Spartans                                                AVC     1:26:25 18,259,494,912  23,216,195,868  28.17   21.11   DTS-HD Master 5.1 

4197Kbps (48kHz/24-bit) 

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00012.mpls
Size:           18,259,494,912 bytes
Length:         1:26:25 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  28.17 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

Name            Size            Length          Time In         Time Out        
----            ----            ------          -------         --------        
00002.M2TS      18,259,494,912  1:26:25.722     0:00:00.000     1:26:25.722     

VIDEO:

Codec               Bitrate         Description     
-----               -------         -----------     
MPEG-4 AVC Video    21105 kbps      1080p / 23.976fps

AUDIO:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description     
-----                           --------        -------         -----------     
DTS-HD Master Audio             English         4197 kbps       5.1 / 48kHz / 24-bit / 4197kbps (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48kHz / 24-bit / 1536kbps)
Dolby Digital Audio             English         224 kbps        2.0 / 48kHz / 224kbps
Dolby Digital Audio             French          448 kbps        2.0 / 48kHz / 448kbps
Dolby Digital Audio             Spanish         448 kbps        2.0 / 48kHz / 448kbps

·
Registered
800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylon /forum/post/0

So here it is the best looking HD release in months....

Nope. Vantage Point looks equally as good.

·
Registered
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon /forum/post/14278530

So here it is the best looking HD release in months. Sharp and detailed with lots of "3D POP" (*please kill me now*)

Too bad it's also one of the worst movies of the year.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroenen /forum/post/14278578

Vantage Point is about equal in PQ.

There is more "3D POP"
on Meet The Spartans.

IMHO of course.

I hope I dont lose any "AVS cred points" by making a comparison thread for this crappy movie.

I was desperate

·
Registered
800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon /forum/post/14278593

I hope I dont lose any "AVS cred points" by making a comparison thread for this crappy movie.

I was desperate

LOL. No worries, your peeps still love ya'.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipper IV /forum/post/14278584

Too bad it's also one of the worst movies of the year.

you should be ashamed of yourself for being so lenient on this atrocity.

Worst damn movie ever.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroenen /forum/post/14278638

LOL. No worries, your peeps still love ya'.

I just want to show Carmen Elektra in glorious DNR and EE free

·
Registered
825 Posts
Together with "Catwoman" this movie is the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. I actually wanted to throw myself in front of a train after watching this...this...

...abomination!!

I still have nightmares....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie76 /forum/post/14280766

Together with "Catwoman" this movie is the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. I actually wanted to throw myself in front of a train after watching this...this...

...abomination!!

No but seriously, how do you really feel about this movie???

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Youtube is filled with absolutely full frontal assault reviews of this thing. It had a huge opening, which was a sign of the coming apocalypse because DUH!... of course it was going to suck!

How sad that this film looks right while PATTON was grain raped.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie76 /forum/post/14280766

...abomination!!

+1

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't know if it's just me, but I see a lot of compression artifacts in these pics especially on the left side of her face in the first shot.

Not that it particularly matters considering the source content......

·
Registered
10,821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroenen /forum/post/14278578

thats because Sony doesn't have their head in their ass, no DNR, just naturally sharp high bitrate AVC that is bursting with detail

-Gary

·
Registered
6,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylisJayP /forum/post/14278706

you should be ashamed of yourself for being so lenient on this atrocity.

Worst damn movie ever.

Now now, let's not forget AI or Battlefield Earth.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens /forum/post/14284768

Youtube is filled with absolutely full frontal assault reviews of this thing. It had a huge opening, which was a sign of the coming apocalypse because DUH!... of course it was going to suck!

How sad that this film looks right while PATTON was grain raped.

I think they have their priorities straight. Just look at the demographics

1 - 20 of 44 Posts