AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in my current place since the 1st of May and home theater seems to have become a bit of an addiction. I left with a PS3, 37" LCD and a small system, and you can see here how it's grown.

Currently running:

Protron 37" 720p LCD

Starchoice DSR-505 HD satellite tuner

Sony PS3

Toshiba HD-A2

Sony STR-DG510 receiver

Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 front tower speakers

Wharfedale Diamond CM center channel

Wharfedale Diamond SW-150 subwoofer

Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 rear speakers

I also have my computer connected to the TV for watching downloaded shows/movies. It's grown to the point where I'm going to need a different receiver to get all of the switching down to an art. I also have a Harmony 880 coming in the mail shortly that should make things a bit easier. Right now there are 5 remotes for the whole works, it can be a bit confusing especially for my roommate who isn't as into this as I am

Currently though, it does look great and sound amazing. The speakers are wicked, and the woofer just shakes the house.

Anyway, a few pics:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, hopefully when I replace it, I can replace it with another silver one, I like the color. However, I've got a pretty even mix of silver and black so I could go either way.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A projector and screen would be cool, but I don't know how easy it would be in here. You can see the huge window behind the TV, and if I put it on one of the adjacent walls, it would be very tough to rearrange my furniture. I also haven't been sold yet on projectors, but when the time comes for an upgrade I might take a look.

The speakers sound awesome. I don't play a lot of music through them, it's mostly for TV, movies and gaming, but they handle all of those exceptionally well. Turning the volume up and playing a first person shooter in surround sound is a whole new type of experience for me and I love it. I could be doing better on the receiver and I have plans to shortly, as I have already outgrown my current receiver, but I haven't completely decided what to get yet. And thanks again

My buddy has a very similar setup in his apartment, but he has one model higher on every component. Where I have the 9.5 front towers, he has the 9.6. Where I have the CM center, he has the CS, and so on. IN AN APARTMENT. The thing absolutely rocks. Even in this place, the landlord called on the first day we set it up and complained that I was shaking the pots and pans off of her stove

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.