Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks;

I was just on the TitanTV website and did the antenna lookup thing. They are recommending a MegaWave indoor antenna.

I have a silver sensor on order, and have high hopes, but in case it doesn't work.....

Does anyone have any comments on this antenna? Most of what I can find on the web with regard to this antenna is circa 1996 - 98. I'd like to find something a little more current. I'm really hopefull that the Silver Sensor will fill my need, but until I get it and find out for myself, I'm still looking around.

Any other indoor options or suggestions you have would be welcomed. I live about 10 to 20 miles from the Boston based DTV towers. An outside antenna is not really an option. An attic antenna, is a last possible resort, but would rather not go that route since the attic is not mine. I share an old Victorian house with someone else. The attic is on there side of the house. I'd rather not go that route if possible. I have tried the Radio Shack double bowtie and the Terk TV55. Neither had good results. I did buy an inline amp for the Radio Shack bow tie that I have yet to try.

Thanks in advance for the feedback

Craig

fwiw, here is the url for the MegaWave - http://www.megawave.com/mtv1.htm

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have a spare MegaWave MTV-1 antenna now that I installed an outdoor antenna. I had mixed results with it in Marblehead, MA. For me, the SilverSensor worked best. The RadioShack double-bowtie and the MegaWave MTV-1 each had their stengths and weaknesses. Oddly, the MegaWave was pretty good at getting me WFXT, which is normally harder than getting the other three major networks. Your location has a lot to do with what works best. When using indoor antennas, trial and error is the only way. If you want to try one but dont want to go through buying a MegaWave from them for $48.00 (money order required) I'd sell mine for $35.00 delivered. With any indoor antenna, I highly recommend using a signal amplifier (especially one that allows you to set the amount of attenuation from zero to +26 db. I also could sell one of my signal amplifiers with the antenna.

------------------

Rick W. Scogland

My Email Address:
[email protected]

My Home Theater:
The Scogland Home Theater

[This message has been edited by RScogland (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I have a "megawave".

You can have it for free : >

You pay postage.

Blue

------------------

"GOD BLESS AMERICA"

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Hmm, certainly not a glowing recomendaton. That's kinda what I thought. I'll wait and see what the Silver Sensor does for me. I can only hope....

thanks

·
Registered
399 Posts
Blue Rain, check your PM.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Mongo,

Check your PM.

Blue

------------------