71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link to information on it?

------------------

Chris

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have had my Megawave antenna for two days and it beats my old rabbit ears/UHF loop antenna combination by a long shot. Previously I could not get even one usable analog signal, but with the Megawave I get all of the six local channels that I am interested in. Digital broadcasting begins in my city in May of 2002, and I feel confident the reception is good enough to get all six new digital channels as they come on line. In the mean time I am cutting off my cable service and just going to use the Megawave antenna.

This antenna is probably best for city dwellers, as I am no more than 6 miles from any of the broadcast antennas. The main problem in my location is that I am in a first floor apartment. If I lived on the top 4th floor, I bet my reception would be even better. If I place my antenna on a table on a covered porch my reception is almost as good as cable. The unit itself looks like a plastic model of Batman's airplane. Much nicer looking than the RS double bow antenna, which looks like an electric heater. The RS is only UHF while the Megawave also does VHS and outputs through a 75 ohm cable. You do have to move it around for best reception, but less fiddling than with rabbit ears.

If you are 25 miles from a broadcast antenna, I would probably go with the RS. But for close in reception the Megawave works well, at least in my case.

Christopher

·
Registered
856 Posts
I am about 25 miles from the signals, and the MegaWave didnt work for me ... just a few blips of success, but no locked-in signal worth watching. The Silver Sensor worked much better in my situation, although still not perfect (and I did use a RadioShack pre-amplifier in both cases).

If anyone wants to buy my MegaWave MTV-1 for $35.00 I will pay to ship it in the continental US (I'd need a check in advance ... just send me a private message if anyone is interested). I think I paid about $45.00 plus shipping from MegaWave, and they only accepted a money order (no personal checks or credit cards). Mine was only used for a total of a few hours, is in mint condition, and I still have the box, etc. If this post is not appropriate, just send me a private message and I'll delete all or part of it).

------------------

Rick W. Scogland

My Email: [email protected]

My Home Theater:
http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000169.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.