AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filmed just prior to his most recent controversy of phone messages recorded to his ex-girlfriend, this looks like just about the best film he could possibly star in at this point.

http://www.slashfilm.com/movie-trail...er-mel-gibson/

In short, the trailer represents a film about a guy (Gibson) who, having turned into a total jerk, is estranged from his family. That is, until a hand puppet proves to be an unlikely form of therapy. Seriously if I was a far more callous person I'd almost be tempted to think the entire Mel Gibson is crazy' was viral marketing for this movie.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't give a rats ass if Mel is batshit crazy, to me that just adds to his scruffy charm. He did play "Mad", not "Lovably Eccentric" Max after all. And btw, I don't care if she is playing for the other team, I'd still hit JF.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Naughtiest thing ever said on a TV sitcom: "Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night..."

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi
In the spirit of the lead actor's offensive comments I'd say this look freakin gay!
If we all got into the spirit of this, they would have to close this thread!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK /forum/post/19602217

Naughtiest thing ever said on a TV sitcom: "Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night..."

I don't know.....the claim from Lucille Bluth (Arrested Deveopment) that, while armed w/ an airhorn & a fireplace tool, she'd tells son Michael she'll fight off potential rapists/muggers with the method of "First, I'm gonna "blow" em, then I'm gonna "poke" 'em" comes close.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Way to go Mel!

·
Banned
1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/19594378

Filmed just prior to his most recent controversy of phone messages recorded to his ex-girlfriend, this looks like just about the best film he could possibly star in at this point.

Actually, the movie was still shooting the day the news broke.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/20631824

Anyone see this? It's still high on my list.

Apparently not. According to the Hollywood Reporter, "There was heat around Jodie Foster's high-profile movie for months, but it quickly disappeared at the domestic box office, grossing less than $1 million."

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK /forum/post/20632020

Apparently not. According to the Hollywood Reporter, "There was heat around Jodie Foster’s high-profile movie for months, but it quickly disappeared at the domestic box office, grossing less than $1 million."

Wow. That's hang-your-head-in-shame- embarrassingly bad.

It could be a vote of no confidence on Mel's acting prospects for the foreseeable future, as well as a vote of no confidence on Foster's near future directing prospects. It could also be seen as a clear indication that no one wants to see a freaking puppet feature prominently as a main character in a grown up drama.

Geez, can you imagine anyone but an A-lister being able to make this high concept pitch at a studio with a straight face? Or having the reaction be anything but laughing the pitcher out of the room?

Someone should have had the balls to say "No" to greenlighting this one.

Disclaimer: I haven't seen it. Apparently, neither has anyone else.

(I did see the trailer, and it was painful to watch. Really.)

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
The film was dumped, with no studio support. Any film would have tanked that way.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts