AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new transfer supervised by Nolan (good, bad I can't decide!)

Feb 22, 2011

Quote:
Audio commentary with Christopher Nolan

New featurette with Nolan discussing the legacy of the film

Director's script

Original short story Memento

Anatomy of a Scene

Anyone get the UK disc? how is the PQ?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The old one had an audio commentary as well. If I can sell that one off, I'll buy this one.

At least this gives me hope for a new TDK transfer, even if it takes eight more years.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I just bought the UK disc and the transfer's quite pleasing.

I can't recall how good/bad/worse it is compared to the Sony disc, as I sold it before I received this. Honestly never had a problem with the US release, if the UK release had been barren of extras, I'd never have upgraded.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I'm a big fan of the movie (and Nolan), but I just don't know if it will have enough replay value to warrant a purchase.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 /forum/post/19583654

Soft? Director's intent? DP's intent? Who knows?...

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
TDK won't get a re-transfer, the IMAX version had all that EE and DNR in it when I saw it.

Its a part of the IMAX DMR process.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 /forum/post/19583654

Yes there is always a risk when the director gets involved in the transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz /forum/post/19585734

TDK won't get a re-transfer, the IMAX version had all that EE and DNR in it when I saw it.

Its a part of the IMAX DMR process.

Some of us wants the non IMAX version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penman /forum/post/19585385

Yay! I'll definitely be getting this one. I don't know why, but I love this movie.

I also love this movie, every time its like I watch it for the first time.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke /forum/post/19583963

I just bought the UK disc and the transfer's quite pleasing.

I can't recall how good/bad/worse it is compared to the Sony disc, as I sold it before I received this. Honestly never had a problem with the US release, if the UK release had been barren of extras, I'd never have upgraded.

It's the same transfer, just small differences in brightness and due to the encode. Also pitch problems apparently, as mentioned.

I might get this but I will definitely wait until I see what the new transfer looks like before I upgrade, even if it lowers my chances of being able to sell the old disc.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Huh. I always thought Memento came out in 2000, but those were festival screenings and it indeed wasn't theatrically released until early 2001.

Looks like I still can't get rid of my 3-disc UK DVD if I ever want to watch those extras again.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just PLEASE don't saddle us with anything like that abominable special edition packaged like a hospital's file folder from some year's back. It had about the most frustrating menu and navigation design I've ever encountered. It would take a mentally disturbed individual to figure it out. A series of emails on my part did not result in much enlightenment. One hopes Nolan wised up in the interim.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts