AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd save everyone some trouble on the Memento LE Disc 2 features. Listed below are the ways I have found to access each feature. I found reference to one other feature (poster concept art) apparently accessible from the binoculars but I couldn't find it.

Most features can be accessed through the alarm clock shortcut:

Alarm Clock -> E, E, E

--A. Trailers (also Binoculars, C, C, C, C, C)

----A. International Trailer

----B. Theatrical Trailer

--B. Anatomy of a Scene (also Skull, C, C, C)

--C. Director's Script (also Book, C, C)

----A. On

----B. Off

--D. Production Stills and Sketches (also Compass (upper left), C, C, C, C)

--E. International Art Campaigns (also Globe, C, C, C, C)

Two remaining features can be found through the picture ordering puzzle:

Alarm Clock -> C, C, C, C, C -> Picture Puzzle

--To see the movie in chronological order, solve the puzzle in the following order (reverse): 3, 4, 1, 2. This plays in DD2.0 with no ability to skip chapters unfortunately.

--To see the short story Memento Mori by Jonathan Nolan, solve the puzzle in the correct order: 2, 1, 4, 3

Alarm Clock -> D, D, D, D, D:

--DVD Credits

I guarantee there are other (probably easier) eays of accessing each feature. I did not even try to see what happens when you mix different letter choices within a section, I did not want to stay up all night. ;)

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Do you think this version is better than the original release? How is the PQ and sound? I am interested in buying the movie and the only thing I can think of that would be nice is the chronological version.

Thanks,

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
A great movie....however, the directors comments in the last chapter or so is in reverse. How do you get it to play normally? Must you listen to it from the beginning of the film?

Picture quality is improved from the previous version. Audio has been remixed for HT and a DTS track is included as well.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah thanks for finding that link! I quickly looked for something just like that before figuring stuff out on my own, guess I didn't look hard enough. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tweakophyte
Do you think this version is better than the original release? How is the PQ and sound? I am interested in buying the movie and the only thing I can think of that would be nice is the chronological version.

Thanks,
On my 16:9 92 inch screen, the picture quality was noticeably improved - more detail, sharper image. Not sure if you'll notice a difference on a smaller TV. The DTS 5.1 sound is fantastic - a great upgrade from the DD 5.1.

Having seen both, the new one is much better, quality-wise.

Flexx

Visit The CIneFlexx
http://members.aol.com/beautymarkstudio/Home.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.