AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend at Sony told to he thought the new Memento looked and sounded better than the original. At the time, I was like, yeah, OK, sure.

Well, I should have believed him. Miles Long at DVDfile just reviewed the SE and was shocked to find it looked and sounded better than the first release. Not just a little. He believes it's a new transfer and a tweaked sound mix.

This makes sense, since Nolan was personally involved in every aspect of the SE. I just ordered mine from DeepDiscountDVD. Under $20 shipped.

· Registered
4,137 Posts
Matt,

You knew this and didn't order one for me? Well that tears it! :)

I just ordered it myself. Thanks for the lead.

--Jerome

· Registered
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The chronological version IS on disc 2. Confirmed.

· Registered
3,240 Posts
The image quality is slightly better, not a huge difference. The chronological version no one can find alhtough there is a myriad of puzzling menu icons on Disk Two and some people feel it's beneath one of them, but unconfirmed at this point.

· Registered
4,137 Posts
Perhaps that is an unadvertised bonus: free puzzle with every copy of Memento SE. ;)

--Jerome

· Registered
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
4,137 Posts
Matt,

I never doubted it.

--Jerome

· Registered
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D Of course not.

So I guess you are liking your Malata? How's the Toshiba HDTV? Get any HD on it yet?

· Registered
4,137 Posts
Matt,

Loving the Malata. The Tosh is great for everyday stuff or when I am too lazy to fire up the projector (which is not too often :) ). HDTV is in and I want more of it!

--Jerome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.