AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CompUSA has Memorex DVD-R media on sale this week (5/19-5/25) for $3.99 per disk, $2.00 off their regular price. This is the same price as CompUSA's store-brand media. I've used both Memorex and CompUSA media in my DMR-E20 with 100% success, so far. The CompUSA-brand media can be bought for even less if you buy them in 5- or 10-packs; the 5-pack is $18.00 and the 10-pack is (I think) $35.00. CompUSA also sells their store-brand of DVD-RAM for $6.00; these seem to be their regular prices, not sale prices (except for the Memorex). I realize that these prices aren't in the sub-$1.50 range like the Meritline disks and others, but like others here, I've had reliability problems with some of these brands.

Pelagic

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi Pelagic,

They've got any double sided DVD-Rs there too?

TIA

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I've noticed, but they carry several different brands of media: Imation, Verbatim, Memorex, SmartDisk, and a couple of others. The Memorex and CompUSA brand disks appear to be available only as single-sided, 4.7-gig media.

Pelagic

·
Registered
112 Posts
I recorded something for my mother on a Memorex DVD-R disc using my Panasonic LF-D311. It worked fine on my DVD players but not her Apex 1500. TDK DVD-R also did not play on this machine. CompUSA SmartDisc plays fine, as does Circuit City Smart Media house brand. Haven't tried PrimeDisc yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've played a few disks on a (modified) Apex 1500 that were recorded on my E20, and they played back without problems. I also have the LF-D311, but I haven't tried to playback those disks on the 1500 yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.