AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went by CC to pick up the pack of 5 RAM disks for $20. I noticed they sold also Memorex Type 2 RAM disks for $2 each. They had 2 so I bought them also but have no idea what or how they work. They are supposedly removable but are in a cartridge of sorts. Are these usable? For $2, they seem to cheap to be worthwhile, but would make nice coasters I suppose.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Your Panasonic recorder (assumption on my part, you didn't say where you were going to use the DVD-RAM) should accept the DVD-RAM directly without you having to remove the carts. Memorex cartridge RAM has had reliability issues in the past. After awhile, the DVD-RAM write protect flag gets set and there is no way to disable it. Perhaps they've fixed the problem, but it happened with Memorex RAM that came in the transluscent purple carts.

Vic

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I just got some replacement Memorex carts (if you have bad ones the will replace the for FREE). And they have made changes.

the cases are still Tranclucent Purple, but a 'little' more opaque.

The write protect mechanism instead of being a translucent purple rod, is not a SOLID OPAQUE slide that covers the entire 'hole' when it's off (I suspect that's what the problem was light was getting thru the purple rod).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.