AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure, but I am having some problems with BF2. When I run the program on and off for a long time like 6+ hours, I seem to get slow downs (hitching in game, like when I only had 1 gig of mem). A re-boot seems to get everything back to normal. Could this be a memory leak problem. Could BF2 be taking up memory and not releasing it back each time its run. I will leave a map and leave the program running in the menu screen and when I go back after a while to a map, I get these slow downs. My ping is always 50 or less. I even checked to see if either my CPU or vid cards were overheating and they were all fine. If I dont leave a map and just keep playing from the reboot, I dont get any slow downs at all. Just seems that everytime I leave to menu and back multiple times and letting the system sit idle in between on the menu that I get these slow downs. I am using 2gigs.

EDIT: System Specs

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

AMD 64 X2 4200 @ 2.4

Dual 6800GT's SLI'd OC'd to Ultra speeds

4x512 Geil Value PC3200 mem at 2.5,3,3,7

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I've seen the same thing. Not even necessarily playing the game for really long periods, it'll suddenly just get whacked out. Quitting the game and going back in doesn't fix it, only a reboot like you said. It's happened maybe 3 times for me so it's not a huge issue but I did just experience it again last night. Sub 50ms pings here too so that wasn't it.

-Trouble

·
Registered
700 Posts
BF2 has actually managed to screw up OTHER games if I don't wiat a good 5-10 minutes after closing the program. There is some definite memory issues with that game.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also last night was the 1st time I had problems logging in. It keep rejecting the log in. Had to try a few times to get in. Then sometimes I am get dumped in middle of game to desktop which hasnt happen since the the demo. EA/Dice better get the next patch out soon.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Same log in problem here. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.