AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've been posting in these forums for a while, but haven't gotten to post my setup here in this section. Here's my config and some pics of my setup. Enjoy!

Front speakers: Energy RC-70

Center speaker: Energy RC-LCR

Surround speakers: Energy Veritas 1.0CM

Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705

Amplifier: Denon POA-2200 200wpc 2ch

Gaming Consoles/Media Players: PS3, Xbox360

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Looks great. Nice, clean set-up.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
yeah, very nice. but. you, like me, have to do some decorating. bare walls, blaa

·
Registered
5,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator /forum/post/18221070

yeah, very nice. but. you, like me, have to do some decorating. bare walls, blaa

Hi Menasor, I also agree this is a beautiful setup, indeed.

Some thoughts in mind I might add to make a good thing perfect:

1. Plain walls, glass table and the like are menaces for causing unnecessary reflections responsible to make a room reverberate, hence cause distortion of the sound image. As it was mentioned earlier some decoration on the walls could tame these effects, yet, some table cloth on that glass cocktail table could also do wonders.

2. As regards plain walls, the best would be, well,...at time of your next "home remodelling" project is to use wallpaper that has a kinda "rough" texture. That's another good way to take care of reflections in the mid-to-high frequency range.

3. I suppose you made full use of the Onkyo's Audyssey MultEQ XT auto set-up feature utilizing all 8 microphone positions to create an acoustic bubble around your main listening area.

4. You've got some cable hiding and wall plug hiding homework to do. Although they do not have effect on the sound quality at all, but they just visually challenge the viewers' eyes. You know what I mean, eh? :)

5. Care to share some more pix of the sub and your couch?

·
Registered
818 Posts
The energies are looking great, I love your finish choice with them and their drivers look very cool. I'm also liking the SVS subtlety peeking into the one pic. It's nice to see people representing the cylinders.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Interesting, you don't see many Denon power amps around here. I was in the market for multiple amps back in the day and I considered the POA-8300 and 8200. I had just bought my AVR-4802 and thought it would be a perfect combo. I went with an HK 5 channel amp instead. It was much cheaper and I liked the one box approach back then. Ah well, live and learn.

Nice system although it does look a little constrained by the smallish tv. Are you eventually going to upgrade to something in the 55-60 range? BTW, hit us up with some shots of the sub. I love those cylinder SVS's.

·
Registered
689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/18228679

btw, hit us up with some shots of the sub. I love those cylinder svs's.

+1

·
Registered
908 Posts
Wow nice system and room...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First off, thanks for all the kind words guys
Sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread in a while. Will definitely post more pics of the cylinder sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf /forum/post/18222476

Hi Menasor, I also agree this is a beautiful setup, indeed.

Some thoughts in mind I might add to make a good thing perfect:

1. Plain walls, glass table and the like are menaces for causing unnecessary reflections responsible to make a room reverberate, hence cause distortion of the sound image. As it was mentioned earlier some decoration on the walls could tame these effects, yet, some table cloth on that glass cocktail table could also do wonders.

2. As regards plain walls, the best would be, well,...at time of your next "home remodelling" project is to use wallpaper that has a kinda "rough" texture. That's another good way to take care of reflections in the mid-to-high frequency range.

3. I suppose you made full use of the Onkyo's Audyssey MultEQ XT auto set-up feature utilizing all 8 microphone positions to create an acoustic bubble around your main listening area.

4. You've got some cable hiding and wall plug hiding homework to do. Although they do not have effect on the sound quality at all, but they just visually challenge the viewers' eyes. You know what I mean, eh? :)

5. Care to share some more pix of the sub and your couch?

Thanks for the constructive criticism. The glass table's going to be there and uncovered, but I did tilt my center up a bit more so get rid of the deflections a bit.
I'm going to do something about the bare walls. Definitely want to add some stuff there. I agree it's too plain right now. I'm putting MultEQ XT to its full use right now. It definitely improved the sound in my room. Next thing on my list is to get some cable runners along the baseboard to hide those cables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/18228679

Interesting, you don't see many Denon power amps around here. I was in the market for multiple amps back in the day and I considered the POA-8300 and 8200. I had just bought my AVR-4802 and thought it would be a perfect combo. I went with an HK 5 channel amp instead. It was much cheaper and I liked the one box approach back then. Ah well, live and learn.

Nice system although it does look a little constrained by the smallish tv. Are you eventually going to upgrade to something in the 55-60 range? BTW, hit us up with some shots of the sub. I love those cylinder SVS's.

Yeah this POA-2200 is a hand me down from my grandfather. It still puts out clean power and it really makes my RC-70's sing. I've been looking at a 55" LED tv for a while now (Samsung 7000 or 8000 series), but need to save money for the time being. It's definitely on the list as a future upgrade!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.