AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I press the Menu button, it only shows 4 small boxes nea the lower right corner titled: Channel Guide, Replay Guide, Photo Guide, Find Shows.

The only way I can connect is to use the old 243-Zones menu to do updates.

Is there any way to fix this problem so it shows the proper menu?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
You could start with a 386-Zones and see if that fixes it. If that doesn't fix it, wipe the drive and load a new SW image. If that doesn't fix it, replace the HDD.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nded /forum/post/16963651

1. You could start with a 386-Zones and see if that fixes it.
  2. If that doesn't fix it, wipe the drive and load a new SW image.
  3. If that doesn't fix it, replace the HDD.

For #2, *BEFORE* you load a new SW image, you might want to run some disk diagnostic software and attempt to mark any bad sectors (while you're shopping for the best price on a new HDD which you're going to need sooner than later...).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nded /forum/post/16963651

You could start with a 386-Zones and see if that fixes it. If that doesn't fix it, wipe the drive and load a new SW image. If that doesn't fix it, replace the HDD.

Thank you for your suggestion. 386-Zones has no affect on my DVR. It didn't do anything except show me the 'Zones' menu.

I guess I will be buying a new HDD soon.

Thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveReplay /forum/post/16971805

Thank you for your suggestion. 386-Zones has no affect on my DVR. It didn't do anything except show me the 'Zones' menu.

That's because it should have been 3-8-2-Zones (Ed loves mistyping that for some reason)!

Henry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts