AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK..so I am trying to do something a little wierd. I have a stereo headset with a mic built in. The problem is, the phone I want to plug it into is mono with a mic. Size isn't an issue, I am sure I can find a step up or step down adapter without too much trouble. But what I have done is split the stereo out to rca plugs, and then used an rca to mono adapter. Now I have a mic jack and a mono jack. How do I merge them to one mono and mic jack? Inexpensive ways to do this would be appreciated.

Technically, I don't HAVE to do any of this. I can actually run a soft phone on the computer and just plug right into the computer. But the soft phone has some limitations compared to using the actual phones we use at work. The biggest of which, is if the network goes down or the computer freezes, I get disconnected from my customer. Yes there are single ear mono setups with mics, but part of my goal is filter out some of the office sound with nutshells..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The price isn't too bad by itsefl, but the cable connections are much larger than I am really looking to use. I was hoping for stereo or mono type connections that are like headphone tips, not full on professional audio connectors...

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainFragger  /t/1523564/merging-a-mic-and-mono-source#post_24517755

The price isn't too bad by itsefl, but the cable connections are much larger than I am really looking to use. I was hoping for stereo or mono type connections that are like headphone tips, not full on professional audio connectors...

Two words: cable adapters.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I wasn't able to find what I was looking for, but today, out of the blue, my supervisor comes by my desk, and says, "I forgot, I gave you the headphones, but I left the connector on the shelf. Here you go!"

(head on desk) But at least I have it now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts