AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a must see. It's at Meridian at the Venetian.


185K, and just outrageous. If you're in sin city, drop everything and go.


William Phelps is da man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,613 Posts
185k?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grellberg /forum/post/15517671


This is a must see. It's at Meridian at the Venetian.


185K, and just outrageous. If you're in sin city, drop everything and go.


William Phelps is da man.


I'm going to cash out my Bernard Madoff account to to buy this baby...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
i got to see this at Stewart Filmscreen private demo by Meridian: AMAZING. Just beyond words. Bleeding edge Reference quality.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidadi /forum/post/15527299


i got to see this at Stewart Filmscreen private demo by Meridian: AMAZING. Just beyond words. Bleeding edge Reference quality.

Do you know what they used for source material? Was it 4K or something like D5 (uncompressed HD but with say 4:4:4)? From what I've heard, it's 4k or high quality 2k content where the 10K really shines. Not that it won't look stellar with BD sources too.


Hey I wonder if I can get an AVS employee discount and get the price down to a more affordable $179K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petersen /forum/post/15546220


From what I've heard, it's 4k or high quality 2k content where the 10K really shines. Not that it won't look stellar with BD sources too.

It looks good with certain demo material. Outside of that, the 810's issues can become readily apparent.


There are a few people who have tested it on AVS and found the same issues with it.


Ive used 4k machines frequently, with 4k and 2k sources, so I was able to see beyond that hype. As would anyone be able to, very quickly.


I thought it would fit the bill for my new room, but it wasn't to be.


There's a thread in the other forum where I will post my observations, when I get the time.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top