AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started this thread first on the CRT section and Digital Projector section to prove first all the differences between the CRT and this technology.

Since it's been proven that this amazing machine is far better than the CRT's (Finally the new technology at it's best), and i am looking for the best projector to experience SD and HD movies in a 5 or 6 Meter Screen, i would like to hear the opinions of the experts.

I would like to consider not only this machine but machines with similar performance or better (sometimes cheaper).


And like "coldmachine" told me i also think this is the right section to do it.


The Meridian actually has something that i love, it has one of the best scalers that can bring up to live my DVD'S, D-Theater and Laserdisc (NTSC and Muse Hi-Vision) Movies to life.

And this is very important to me, since i don't want to get rid of any format that i have.


And besides it will improve Blu Ray and HD-DVD to an upper level, that's even more fantastic.





I love movies, what can i say
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,188 Posts
If you are seriously considering this projector and ones like it, and you are in North America or close enough, then it would probably make sense to make the trip to the CEDIA show in Atlanta in September. They aren't likely to have every high end projector there, but there should be some stuff to check out. And different people can be attracted to different image attributes, so it makes some sense to check at least some of these out for yourself to see what kinds of projectors put out images that you like.


--Darin
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

You are absolutely right. I live in Europe, but it's like a 7 hour trip to USA.

And besides buying in USD is alot cheaper than buying in Euro.

For example the Meridian, it's like 180.000 USD, and they sell it here for 180.000 Euros.

That means if i buy in USA i save 54.000 Euros, around 76.600 USD.



Now another question is: Will it also be compatible with PAL System for SD and HD sources? I guess so, it's like universal, but i'll have to ask...


Tank you
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSMT /forum/post/16973365


Hi

You are absolutely right. I live in Europe, but it's like a 7 hour trip to USA.

And besides buying in USD is alot cheaper than buying in Euro.

For example the Meridian, it's like 180.000 USD, and they sell it here for 180.000 Euros.

That means if i buy in USA i save 54.000 Euros, around 76.600 USD.



Now another question is: Will it also be compatible with PAL System for SD and HD sources? I guess so, it's like universal, but i'll have to ask...


Tank you

What about import duties and local VAT and other hidden nasties ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
17,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyMulder /forum/post/16973740


What about import duties and local VAT and other hidden nasties ?

Maybe Portugal is like Brazil. Over there you have EXPORTABANDO. It leaves the US as export it gets into the country as contraband.



The best projector in the world optimized for 3-6 meter sizes "bar none" will be showing at CEDIA, and maybe there will be show floor specials to be had so I would definitely attend.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

Yes we do have import duties and VAT (this is Europe, not Banana Republic).

But even with that i can still save around 50.000 USD.

It's alot of difference, with that money i can buy any other things, for example the amazing Kef Reference 7.2 System.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/16974436


Yes it is indeed a good processor, but when the DLP 4K comes out it will have it's own up converter.

Other then a PC ( software based
) any other standalone 4k scaling solutions out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,581 Posts
Well if one is really interested the real prices start to come out, and the actual difference might be less than that whopping 50K you mentioned above.


Peter that reduced contrast/saturation in your new avatar makes you look younger, guess your buddies also make a rejuvenating unterkontrast;-).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk /forum/post/16974883


Well if one is really interested the real prices start to come out, and the actual difference might be less than that whopping 50K you mentioned above.


Peter that reduced contrast/saturation in your new avatar makes you look younger, guess your buddies also make a rejuvenating unterkontrast;-).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/16976426


I wish .I think I have become my father- the unthinkable.
Thanks anyways.

No, that is Peter's look after bringing an attractive SOBE babe up to his condo.
Actually, it is almost harder to find an ugly female on SOBE than it is to find an attractive female in most other US cities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/16974436


Y when the DLP 4K comes out it will have it's own up converter.

Im sure it will be better than Meridians "Plastic face maker" device.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,327 Posts
Wait, so are you saying that the 7 hour trip is to long for you to come to see the pjs in person? Are you saying that you want to buy a pj from the US and then ship it over without seeing it first? Peter can comment on it, but I thought that the commercial pjs were not point and shoot for good performance.
 
1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top