AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people say CRT's are not comparable to DLP technology...

But is it my impression or do we have a DLP Projector to make a "face to face" with the fantastic Barco Cine 9, the new Meridian 810 Reference.

Anyone wants to share the experience with this projector, and how it compares to the old CRT'S?

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Firstly, the 810 isn't actually a DLP machine, its an LC based JVC 4k unit.

Ive auditioned it, properly, twice for my main room. It was a seriously underwhelming experience. There is plenty info posted on it, including some posts of my own. Im not saying its a bad PJ, it just doesn't live up to its billing. There are way better machines available than the 810.

Any recent digital machine should offer a superior overall presentation than an old CRT. If you look further up the food chain at genuine high end machines, the gulf is massive. There are a ton of ex CRT guys here. There are also a number who have used, and installed, the 810. The high end forum is the best place for genuine, and detailed, info on this piece.

HTH

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Coldmachine

It's always good to hear an opinion from people who really know about the subject, like you in this case.

In your opinion is witch projectors are better than the Meridian 810 Reference?

Like that i can make my research before i buy...

Tanks alot

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSMT /forum/post/16970378

Hi Coldmachine

It's always good to hear an opinion from people who really know about the subject, like you in this case.

In your opinion is witch projectors are better than the Meridian 810 Reference?

Like that i can make my research before i buy...

Tanks alot

If you are genuinely serious, then start a thread in the high end forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.