AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the MF-1-PJ and ISCOIII lens/using a Screen research curved screen(120" wide)- So far the pic is good ,not great- I have had it ISF cal.- I am trying to understand what I will gain WHEN M FINALLY upgrades the processor to accept a anamorphic lens- Will my Pic become brighter,sharper ?-It seems that the pic is a little dark(maybe it is the screen?) Talking to M does not give you the warm fuzzies as far as satisfaction- Any thoughts would be appreciated-

Did anyone see this at CES??

Thanks,gary

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The anamorphic lens gives you a brighter not necessarily sharper picture when ...

1. The projector is natively 4:3 and wide screen movies otherwise need to be "letterboxed" on the display elements inside, and/or

2. Your movie's aspect ratio is greater than 2.0:1.

In both of these cases use of the anamorphic lens allows more of the projector display element surface area to be used for generating the picture. Your video processor may or may not need an upgrade to achieve the increased fill ratio on the display element.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.