AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working with a dealer and he gave me an interesting suggestion that he could offer me an g68 or an 80.3 at the same price point. The unit will be running a 5.1 system.

I realize that these two are generally not cross shopped, but I would love to get any opinions of anyone that has experience with either.

Any and all input appreciated.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The G68 is a great unit. If you plan on using sources via HDMI, you'll also have to get the HD-621 which sends audio to the G68 and video to your display.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I am working with a dealer and he gave me an interesting suggestion that he could offer me an g68 or an 80.3 at the same price point. The unit will be running a 5.1 system.

I realize that these two are generally not cross shopped, but I would love to get any opinions of anyone that has experience with either.

Any and all input appreciated.
I have been running the DHC-80.3 for over 3 years now. What are your sources? What are your speakers?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Meridian's room correction is much better conceived than Audyssey, and gives much better results in real room.

However, IIRC you'd need a separate box for HDMI. Meridian sells one, but it's not cheap!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts