AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Meridian 861 controller. I could not afford a brand new V6 so I purchased a refurbished last generation V4.2 from a dealer on the left coast.

The unit arrived and my installers spent hours of billable time trying to get it set up....it didn't work and back it went to Meridian. It just came back and now I am having yet another problem. The rear speakers give off a crackling noise when playing surround MUSIC only. DVD-Audio discs and SACD's, for instance, are some of the worst offenders. Put in a movie and the same surround channels sound great. Put in a CD with the Trifield processing and no sweat.

Meridian has no customer service support in this country and my dealer is 3,000 miles away. Even if I can somehow troubleshoot this issue and get it working without having to ship it back out again, I still need help programming it properly.

Anyone out there with Meridian chops near Long Island, NY that is willing to help me out? I'll pay for the effort and make it worth your time. Please don't make me go back to the depression meds. I'm sick over this whole mess and need help to untangle it

Thanks,

Russ

·
Registered
23,238 Posts
And what is the suggestions from the "installers"? If they think you have a bad unit (again), return it and get your money back.

If your installers do not think it's the 861, then look for new installers that can resolve and setup properly.

Hope you find some help.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The installers are too busy and I think they are a bit intimidated by the Meridian unit as it is nothing they have ever worked with. Just TRY to get a Meridian authorized installer to work for you for ANY amount of money in NY (unless you purchase a complete system from them). Not a chance....

·
Registered
2,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Rubman /forum/post/20843501

The installers are too busy and I think they are a bit intimidated by the Meridian unit as it is nothing they have ever worked with. Just TRY to get a Meridian authorized installer to work for you for ANY amount of money in NY (unless you purchase a complete system from them). Not a chance....

Why don't you just go with product that the installers are familiar with? From the tenor and tone I would assume that they have made recommendations that you have decided not to listen to.

You local Meridian dealer may not want to work with you since you aren't purchasing from them. I know I don't support Point of Sale hardware not purchased from our business for use with our custom application.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's actually another discussion entirely. Retail stores are dying a death in this country. You can say it's because of people like me but the truth is very far from that if you are willing to lower your sword and shield and look around with an impartial eye.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.