AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the high end center at CES we saw HSU's room and were blown away at those speakers. He is quite a funny guy too. In the corner of the room he had 2 subs in tubes that were facing the ceiling and got them to go down to 16hz with this sample he played. The pictures on the walls were vibrating like crazy. Then he showed this small sattelite system he had for $500 that were amazingly loud and deep, mostly due to the center channel which is able to play stereo by seperating the left and right, and able to go really low.

Then we went to Avant-Garde's display, my god! I still don't know if I quite believe the guy, but he said there was only 3 watts going to those, and they were so loud and clear. My friend and I think that was one of most impressive things we saw at the show.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Yeah, the Avant-Garde speakers recommend a MINIMUM of 1 Watt to drive them. I think they handle like 5 watts for the Uno system. Believe me, 5 watts will be plenty loud with those things.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Quote:
While at the high end center at CES we saw HSU's room and were blown away at those speakers. He is quite a funny guy too. In the corner of the room he had 2 subs in tubes that were facing the ceiling and got them to go down to 16hz with this sample he played. The pictures on the walls were vibrating like crazy. Then he showed this small sattelite system he had for $500 that were amazingly loud and deep, mostly due to the center channel which is able to play stereo by seperating the left and right, and able to go really low.
I have met him at a few shows over the years and its always enlightening and entertaining. His tell me "which subwoofer" is playing is always his trade mark at shows. He loves getting those 8" subs fooling people that he is playing his big 12" with 500w. He certainly likes to have fun with his audio and has a great ear for pitch and definition which shows when he designs a subwoofer. I really doubt you can go too far wrong with a Hsu product as I doubt he would ever release a bad or even below average sounding product.

I have not heard the Ventriloquist's but from all the show reports and customers who have visited Hsu for a demo, it sounds like for the money they work extremely well. I have even seen comments since the CES in several forums (from other manufacturers) all saying they where very impressive and worth buying especially for the money. High praise for what is a new field for Hsu.

Ddavidson

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.