AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a best/recommended way to connect plastic/pvc type flexible conduit (the Carlon type) to metal (non-flexible) conduit without having to use a junction box?

I have some wiring I'm bringing from outside to inside.

It's run through metal conduit, which then extends about a foot into the attic.

I want to use the flexible Carlon-type conduit to take it from there over to where a distribution panel (low voltage things only) is in a hallway.

Both are 1" conduit.

Is there some kind of 'metal conduit to flexible pvc conduit connector' available for this kind of transition?

Greg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm assuming that by metal conduit you are refering to EMT and not rigid metal conduit. Carlon makes an ENT to EMT adapter that can be used for what you're trying to do. That may be hard to find however. If you can't get that you can glue a 1" PVC Female adapter to the smurf tube and then just get a 1" EMT connector for the metal pipe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you scameron81,

Finally got back to this project...

The Carlon adapter looked like the better way, but as you mentioned, finding somebody to sell me just one didn't seem to be happening.

So I did the PVC adapter (1" slip/female) to EMT adapter (1" compression/male) and that made for a nice transition.

Picture attached in case it helps anybody else that comes along this thread.

Now if only I could find that PVC adapter in orange, so it looks like it was meant to be done that way, rather than looking like a plumber did the LV wiring, or worse, a DIYer...

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.