1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
watched the 1st 2 episodes. S1 Ep 1 & S2 Ep 1?? I had to go online to figure this arrangement out and the show too

worth it? way too early to tell, but it's not going to be a big winner, IMO. cliched stories & dialog was atrocious overacting.

the premise is not clear at all unless you happen to know in advance or did what I did...read some wiki's about it afterwards.

I'm going to keep watching but it's not a prime show.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
I tried the premier....I lasted 15 minutes.

To say it's bad, is an insult to bad shows.

·
Registered
9,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1524745/metal-hurlant-chronicles-on-syfy-hd/0_100#post_24628300

I was trying to be nice

but you're right...pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1524745/metal-hurlant-chronicles-on-syfy-hd#post_24628300

Not much more I can add to that.

Makes ordinary bad shows like "The Following" look like Shakespeare.

·
Registered
28,182 Posts
Agree with all of the above sentiments. I got about 15 minutes in too and that was enough. Pretty bad. I guess I was expecting something like Heavy Metal. More like Lightweight Tin.

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
and you guys missed the award-winning S2 E1

it had only slightly better dialog, some trench fighting with terminator-like mechs only the mech-leader looked & talked like a clone of some skeletor.

and the finale was....a giant rabbit saves humanity!

no kidding

even Mystery Science Theater stuff isn't this bad

and S1 is out on Blu-ray in France for those who miss it on SyFy

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001  /t/1524745/metal-hurlant-chronicles-on-syfy-hd/0_60#post_24629739

and the finale was....a giant rabbit saves humanity!
Whoa, I gotta see that!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Watched the first two episodes. Pretty dumb I thought and I'd say I'm probably one of the most forgiving type of people for watching bad movies/TV.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbathespud  /t/1524745/metal-hurlant-chronicles-on-syfy-hd/0_50#post_24632347

And tonight's episode are preempted by Men in Black.

Technically not pre-empted... SyFy appears to have changed the schedule at the last minute!

Tonight's episodes are now set to air at 10pm and 10:30pm EDT... with repeat airings at midnight and 12:30am as previously scheduled.

This appears to be true for next Monday as well.

I checked the SyFy Web site after seeing Men in Black was on... I have Dish and didn't know if it was just Dish EPG that didn't catch the schedule change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts