AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hoping to obtain a recommendation for an experienced and knowledgable D* installer in the metro Detroit area. Expertise in HDTV would be a must.

I currently have D* with two DirecTivo's and a Toshiba DST-3000 HD receiver, but the experiences I've had with installers have not been very good. The original dish installer placed the dish on a second story roof, then ran cabling down the wall to a first story roof, down the roof and into the gutter, around a chimney and then down one side of the chimney and into the basement. While this worked, it is quite unsightly and I don't care for the cabling laying in 10 feet of gutter throughout winter freezes and thaws, etc.

The D* installer who came to add a "C" lnb for HDTV, did not understand what a 5 x 8 multiswitch was and couldn't get the lnb to work. He left promising to "research" the issue and get back to me. Never heard from him again and I ended up installing everything myself and running my own cabling for HDTV and multiple DirecTivo tuners.

Since my installs were just patchworks following the original install cabling scheme, I'd now like to clean it all up with a more direct routing to my basement 5x8 multi, and include my OTA antenna in the multiswitch, etc. So, any recommendations on someone who really knows what their doing, would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.