AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubaSaxT /forum/post/16979857

I doubt it. Does Telemundo even have an HD channel?

Yep. They launched earlier this year. However, whether the OP's local affiliate broadcasts in HD is another matter.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1134559

I haven't read of Dish carrying any HD Telemundo's, but I could be very, very wrong. They carry more than the big four HD's in larger markets like Los Angeles and San Antonio.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Agreed if Telemundo does it HD, is up to the affiliates to re-transmit it in same format, for example our local FTA Telemundo affiliate doesn't..

If you live near the border and catch Televisa's Channel 5 or TV Azteca's channel 20, they could transmit it in HD, they never have announced anything in HD, until game time we'll know..

Also, I don't know if Azteca America does HD on pay TV on the US...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yesterday, I saw an announcement on Telemundo (DTV OTA 47 in New York City) about this upcoming game. The announcement itself was in HD. NY's Telemundo station does broadcast some specials and regular soap operas in HD (Victorinos & Mas Sabe El Diablo). Generally, the coming attractions for HD shows are in HD and for non-HD shows they are not in HD.

No mention of HD was made in the ad, but I believe it will be in HD.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws192 /forum/post/16979935

Certainly not in English on Mun2. I have TelemundoHD (WNJU) but the TV listings doesn't flag it as HD, not that that's a scientific way of determining anything.

None of their press releases have indicated it either. You would think if it were, they'd be touting it.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...t,897599.shtml

D* was advertising that Mun2 would be in English. Maybe they're doing a voice over?

·
Registered
44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkr /forum/post/16982869

D* was advertising that Mun2 would be in English. Maybe they're doing a voice over?

See Mexico vs USA Match for FREE

Mun2 FREE preview one day only!

See Mexico vs USA: Showdown at the Azteca, the highly anticipated live showdown between two soccer powerhouses, for FREE August 12 at 4pm ET/ 1pm PT on mun2 (ch. 203) a channel normally available only to paid subscribers. It will also be available to all DIRECTV MAS viewers on Channel 410.

The stakes are high for both teams. Will USA's Landon Donovan lead his team to victory? Or will Mexico, the winner of the Gold Cup, repeat its previous success in front of the massive home crowd at the Azteca Stadium? Don't miss a moment of the exhilarating live action.

The game will be broadcast in English, only on mun2, with play-by-play commentary from veteran Phil Schoen and former U.S. national team defender Marcelo Balboa. Guad Venegas will host the show.

·
Registered
896 Posts
No HD in North SF Bay Area.
Just mosquito noise laden macroblocked SD on Telemundo.
Maybe mun2 will be better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.