AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here

MFW-15 pre-orders : when are you getting it

1607 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  tebling
I know so far waptap & craigsub have received theirs. Anybody else received theirs or know when they are going to receive it (+/- few days)?


Just trying to estimate when can it be expected reasonably.


thx!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
What's I've read is mid March for them to start shipping. You could probably get more specific info in the AV123 forums.
I don't think he will get a more specific answer in the AV123

forums. This question has been asked alot over on that forum,

and all the replies are a guess or estimate.


Then again I think March is a good estimate......vardo
See less See more
When did you guys place your order? I placed mine (pair of satin black) a few days before x'mas and I was told then to expect them sometime in Feb. Now I'm told (just a guesstimate tho') sometime in March.
Just order a pair today - number 130 in line... Told end of March possibly.
I ordered mine yesterday and was told it would ship today. Depends a lot on the color, I ordered MOHO which was in stock. Black is the one with the long wait. Can't wait? Buy MOHO and paint it black (but after all the sales yesterday, they're probably out of that color too). I'll believe it when I see my shipping confirmation....
I was offered the MOHO deal as well but I was the first caller of the day when I ordered yesterday. I quickly asked the wife and she said no way to the MOHO so I am waiting until March I guess. The interesting thing is I see multiple people saying they were told they are #130 or so, which is the exact number I called at the beginning of yesterday lol.


How hard would it be to stain the MOHO cabinet?
It's REAL wood, probably with a satin uretyhane finish. Could easily strip it and restain, or easily paint it to match your wife's decor.... that's my intent - although I think MOHO will go well with our beige/brown stone floor and travertine marble furniture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalto /forum/post/12893511


I was offered the MOHO deal as well but I was the first caller of the day when I ordered yesterday. I quickly asked the wife and she said no way to the MOHO so I am waiting until March I guess. The interesting thing is I see multiple people saying they were told they are #130 or so, which is the exact number I called at the beginning of yesterday lol.


How hard would it be to stain the MOHO cabinet?

you would have to sand off the finish,stain, then refinish. to me it would be a lot of work, and quite the mess. but if you masked off the driver, it could be done.

i assume you would be wanting a darker, black finish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord260 /forum/post/12893583


you would have to sand off the finish,stain, then refinish. to me it would be a lot of work, and quite the mess. but if you masked off the driver, it could be done.

i assume you would be wanting a darker, black finish?

It's also $100 more, although based on the frenzy, that might not be an inhibitor
See less See more
Pair of Mohos for me, ETA next week. I caved in as the look was unique, didn't have to wait until March/April, and the pricing deal was better than expected.
When is Mark gonna put in on the website? In the sub section where the ufw's are....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMed427 /forum/post/12899971


When is Mark gonna put in on the website? In the sub section where the ufw's are....

It's on there now, look under subwoofers.

Here is a direct link .
Per the AV123 website, both the cherry satin and moho satin show an eta of 1/28/08, the rest March.
I ordered in Satin Black this morning. Based on the web page estimate and all the chatter in here, I've set my own estimate at April. If it gets here earlier, all the better - but I prefer not to be setting myself up for disappointment.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top