AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have tried 3 different HDDs in my MG and when I turn it on the HDD light goes on at the front but when it gets to the main screen the HDD icon is greyed out and then after a few seconds, the HDD light at the front goes off...

Does anyone know what this means?

They are not new HDDs, I got them out of my computer, does that make any difference? Do they need to be formatted in order for the MG to recognize them?

Thanks for any help I'm stumped!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try the obvious first:

Are the drives known to be good?

Can you hear them spin up when power is applied?

Are the drive jumpers set to "Master"? I don't believe they're detected on any other setting.

FAT32 and NTFS (PC formats) are supported, not Linux nor MAC.

Also I understand that drives smaller than 6GB aren't detected (not sure on this point).

-Ian

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the reply man.

Yeh they work an absolute treat when in my comp and they are 80GB+ ones so that can't be it...

I'm guessing that it's the master thing...problem is I don't know what to do!

·
Registered
612 Posts
You look up your model number on the disk manufacturer's website, and read/follow their installation instructions being sure to set the drive for master. You may have to reverse your jumper settings to make them work again in your PC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.