AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Here's hoping you can help.

I have had my MG 350HD for about 6 months and it has been working great. The other day though the while watching a video it started jumping and stuttering all over the place. Playing videos from an attached USB drive is fine, the problem seems to be just with wireless. I have tried all the usual:

Different files,

Resetting the MG,

Resetting the router,

Resetting the modem.

MG firmware is 1.1.7 (the latest - been using it for months).

Other forums suggested interuption of the signal as a result of new furniture etc. but there have been no changes there. No other wireless signals on the same channel.

Essentially, there is nothing from my end that has changed. This problem started while watching a video.

Really hoping you guys can help.

Thanks.

See you,

Tim.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi Tim,

Suggest you try a "hard reset" , followed by a "soft" reset - this will wipe all your settings.You say you did a "reset" but not sure if you did both - its worth a try..

It wont make any difference to you issue , but I also suggest you update to the very latest 1.1.11 firmware.

I have to agree with the advice you were given at my Yahoo group , but this may also help..

http://www.airlinktek.com/english/at...reset&product=

http://www.airlinktek.com/english/at...reset&product=

If the above does not work - suggest you try on another wireless system , incase its a developing problem with your wireless router..

Kind Regards,

Teddy

·
Registered
833 Posts
Glad I could help..

Regards

Teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlad /forum/post/14328682

Upgraded fw and all seems to be working a-ok!!!

Thanks,

Teddy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AAARRGGGHHHHH

The problem is back. This time I have done a hardware reset and then a factory reset. FW is already the latest.

This is really p***ing me off.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Tim.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Have you ruled out 100% that this may be the router?

Other than that the only advice I can give , is that which the guys at the Yahoo gtoup have been giving you..

Regards

Teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlad /forum/post/14355858

AAARRGGGHHHHH

The problem is back. This time I have done a hardware reset and then a factory reset. FW is already the latest.

This is really p***ing me off.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Tim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Teddy.

I haven't done anything to test the router. Other than that I connect my laptop to the network wirelessly through it and it seems fine. Is there a utility to check the signal integrity?

I don't have access to another router that I could substitute to check.

No furniture or any other changes that could have made a difference AFAIK.

See you,

Tim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still the same problem when with a hard wired network. My network is

secured with a password and the only attached devices are those that

should be. I have a desktop (hardwired) and laptop (wireless)

connected to the network (and always have had) and cannot report any

network issues there; so I am leaning towards this being a MG problem.

Antivirus is running but not currently scanning files.

OK so just then when I went to check the signal strength I pressed

info and the unit rebooted!!! But when I have checked it before it is

pretty good about 80-90% (54 Mbps) it is just the next room to the

router; though at the time the video was playing through the LAN and

not wireless.

Any other suggestions. This is a real nuisance; it has been working

flawlessly up until this. The wireless feature of this unit is its

biggest asset.

I have read mixed reports re: contacting Altech directly for support.

Anyone had recent succes with them?

Thanks again for all your help.

See you,

Tim.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I am really interested to know Where have you read these "mixed reports" from? , as I run Al tech's support board :) - if you take a look at the 100's of posts I have made help people , I really do my level best to help , as you can see..

I don't like the fact the unit rebooted on a single press of info.Suggests a hardware issue.

Have you tried a firmware re-install , followed by a software reset? , its about the only option left to you , apart from swapping the router.But I alreasy suggested that.

At this point my "official" advice would be to return your unit to your dealer , so that they can check it on another wireless router , and thus diagnose if its a problem with the router or your unit.

Kind Regards,

Teddy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Teddy.

Sorry, I didn't realise that this was the official support process. I thought it was online forum of MG users and you were just a really helpful guy!

Over the last few weeks I have read numerous posts on different forums and websites and the 'mixed reports' related to emailing Altech directly. In reading the different websites and forums your name was always popping up in providing support, so please don't take offense. My bad. I'll be happy to post something similar on the Yahoo groups, too; since I cross-posted there too. Let me know.

So back on topic.

I'll try emailing the retailer I bought it from and see what they say. I bought it through an online store so before I return it I'll try to suss out what the outcome might be. In the mean time... I might have to starting connecting the laptop directly to the TV again. How old fashioned

See you,

Tim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts