AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't find a title with this topic at this forum so I figured it might be appropriate.

I think I might have made a really big mistake when I filled out the paperwork.

What was really confusing was that I got the impression I was supposed to send my DVDs to them, but it was Business Reply Mail which means I couldn't insure them.

The Post Office told me that even if I pay for shipping and insurance, if I send the package to a Business Reply Mail Address, the account associated with that address automatically pays for whatever postage is associated with the package. In other words, even tho I pay for it, the BRM account ALSO pays for it.

So I insured the packed and sent 2 of my DVD's back.

Now I hear they are Appealing! So what is going to happen to my DVD's?

This makes me think that maybe I WASN'T supposed to actually send my DVD's back.

Does anyone know for sure what was supposed to be done with the DVD's?

The official website is next to useless.

This is really stupid, but I returned 2 DVD's and asked for replacements of the same.

I have heard the arguments that it is merely an issue that LTX was simply matted full frame resulting in less information than the "P&S."

While this could be true, it may not be for certain titles.

For instance, when "Married to the Mob" is splashed on the LTX version, it doesn't fit - it spills out of the frame. This is classic P&S at its best. Also, the composition doesn't seem right in the LTX version.

So I asked for a new copy of MTTM along with another DVD I returned which I can't remember.

I guess I'll probably end up losing the DVD's since I sent them to a Black Hole.

Any comments?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G
Yea. What are you talking about? What settlement? What lawsuit? Black holes are very powerful things.
Jerry, you took the words right out of mouth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jessica :cool:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about posting another thread.

I just never thought someone would have a title with MGM and NOT DVD.

I'll have to go read it in detail.... but I don't think they covered my concern...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G
Yea. What are you talking about? What settlement? What lawsuit? Black holes are very powerful things.
I laughed so hard at your post tears came to my eyes. Very good job Jerry!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
So what have they done to "fix" the "problem"? Did they matte the 4x3 versions to their OAR and then crop the sides off in a true "pan & scan" transfer? That would be funny. More than likely they just changed the packaging to remove that little blurb saying that widescreen always has more picture or whatever it was.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I enjoy all the kidding around, but does anyone know if we were supposed to send in our DVDs with the paperwork?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.