AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonite at 1235 PST (35 minutes after midnite) , MGM-HD cable is playing "It! The Terror from Beyond Space!!!"

The reason why I'm telling you this is, is because, last week they showed "The Monster that Challenged the World" in 1.85:1...WHICH WAS THE SCOPE IT WAS FILMED IN, OR SHOWN WHEN INITIALLY RELEASED. We only have the crappy 1.37:1 version from MGM on SD including "TMTCTW."

MAYBE TONITE THEY'LL SHOW THIS IN 1.85:1 TOO!!!

I can't wait to stay up and see it. I hope we won't be disappointed!

Oh, I forgot to mention that they're also showing "Blood on Satan's Claw!" TONITE AT 9 PM! Since it's a Region 2 SD release, this will be a real treat for us that don't have a region free DVD player!!!

·
Banned
1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspector /forum/post/17010772

Tonite at 1235 PST (35 minutes after midnite) , MGM-HD cable is playing "It! The Terror from Beyond Space!!!"

The reason why I'm telling you this is, is because, last week they showed "The Monster that Challenged the World" in 1.85:1...WHICH WAS THE SCOPE IT WAS FILMED IN, OR SHOWN WHEN INITIALLY RELEASED. We only have the crappy 1.37:1 version from MGM on SD including "TMTCTW."

MAYBE TONITE THEY'LL SHOW THIS IN 1.85:1 TOO!!!

I can't wait to stay up and see it. I hope we won't be disappointed!

Oh, I forgot to mention that they're also showing "Blood on Satan's Claw!" TONITE AT 9 PM! Since it's a Region 2 SD release, this will be a real treat for us that don't have a region free DVD player!!!

You forgot to mention BREEDERS! I'm sure IT! will be in the proper aspect ration. It is MGM policy to do that...thankfully!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blood on Satan's Claw was great. Saw Breeders a few days ago. Just waiting for It!

Hope it is in the right aspect ratio...we'll soon findout!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unbelievable how great the print was for the HD viewing. The beginning when the camera was panning across Mars surface was almost 3-D like. This print looked like you were viewing it for the first time...flawless!!!

The HD had more both side, less on top and same on bottom info than the SD.

Too bad we'll probably never see it on BD, but we might.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspector /forum/post/17012078

Too bad we'll probably never see it on BD...

It may not be released on Blu-Ray any time soon, but it's airing one more time on MGM on August 26th. Good second chance to make a personal copy while waiting for an official release.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opieant /forum/post/17014065

It may not be released on Blu-Ray any time soon, but it's airing one more time on MGM on August 26th. Good second chance to make a personal copy while waiting for an official release.

I'd say make the personal copy and forget about any prospects of a Blu Ray. The way catalog titles are being treated on Blu -- we'll be seeing ALIEN itself in, what, 2011 or 2012? -- the chances of IT! coming in any type of official release are slim to none.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts