AVS Forum banner
761 - 780 of 6877 Posts

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Per TitanTV.com, NBC Channel 55 WPTV-DT is scheduled to go live by March 1st, 2003. NBC Channel 6 WTVJ-DT is still showing July 1st, 2003, as their "go live" date.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Rudy1, would it be possible for you to find out the schedule for when WBFS will be showing movies from the Paramount HD One package they subscribe to? I tried emailing the programming person there but I got no reply. Thanks.

Will

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Will,

I will email the engineer at UPN 33 to see if he has the info available.

Rudy

·
Registered
987 Posts
Does anyone know what times Ft Meyers Ch 15 ==> 20-1 is transmitting?

I know DrGuava gets it at night, but, I am curious if it is skip or they are playing or testing with different power levels.

I seem to have lost all signals. Yet, I did get it a few weeks ago.

Now it would be nice if WPTV will go live in testing mode.

·
Registered
409 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by George33027
Does anyone know what times Ft Meyers Ch 15 ==> 20-1 is transmitting?

I know DrGuava gets it at night, but, I am curious if it is skip or they are playing or testing with different power levels.

I seem to have lost all signals. Yet, I did get it a few weeks ago.

Now it would be nice if WPTV will go live in testing mode.

I heard they are on air from 8:00 to Midnight, I have not received any signal from them, How was your signal when you got it ?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Last night I did not have a signal for 20-1 it was 0%. The night before it was fine watched INLAWS and FRASIER. THe power level varies from about 60% to as high as 88%(later in the evening).

Dr Guava

·
Registered
987 Posts
Mine used to vary from 5 to 55%.

Obviously, when down near 5%, I got no video, but I got lock.

Now, all I get is zero.

It sounds like it is a combination of skip and transmission testing.

What we need is to contact the station to see when they are really transmitting, then we will know if it is skip, or, transmission problems.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by George33027
Mine used to vary from 5 to 55%.

Obviously, when down near 5%, I got no video, but I got lock.

Now, all I get is zero.

It sounds like it is a combination of skip and transmission testing.

What we need is to contact the station to see when they are really transmitting, then we will know if it is skip, or, transmission problems.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Just spoke to the engineer at WFLX...he said they are only on the air now from 6pm to midnight. WSVN is on the air.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudy1
Just spoke to the engineer at WFLX...he said they are only on the air now from 6pm to midnight. WSVN is on the air.

They were not on the air yesterday from 9 to 10.

Does this mean for sure that they will not be on for widescreen football on Sunday at 4?

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
I just spoke to Butch Figurella at WFLX; he says they had some problems with equipment and parts had to be ordered. He expects to hopefully be back on the air tonight.

As for WBBH-DT in Fort Myers, the engineer says that they should be going to full power in the next few months; this may benefit those of you who are now currently able to receive their signal, but he was very surprised to learn that anyone over here could pick up their signal at all.

·
Registered
208 Posts
95% with no Audio....

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's now mapped to 12-1 CBS and 12-2 is live radar (COOL) with Audio...

This would be a nice addition to the area.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Please see my post on the West Palm Beach, FL DTV thread about a program test tonight on WPEC-DT(CBS), West Palm Beach.

·
Registered
290 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by W4ZOO
It's now mapped to 12-1 CBS and 12-2 is live radar (COOL) with Audio...

This would be a nice addition to the area.

Woa! Cool. I use Live Radar online now to check out the weather before going out fishing.

Great to know I can pick it up OTA

Tuesday I will have HD receiver, can't wait!

Put up my antenna on the roof yesterday. Man I hate heights, never again! If I need to aim it, I am sending my wife up there. lol j/k

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I can get 39-1 at a strength of 95 to 98 but I get no picture. The station is WBZL-DT. Anyone else having this problem?

Tim Huey

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Tim,

I'm getting picture and sound on 39-1 right now (10:45 p. m.)

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Nope! Still getting a blank image. I wonder if I'm getting some kinda weird Multipath signal. I'm at 88 signal strength and no image.

Does anyone here have a DTC-100 and receive a picture on 39-1 WBZL-DT?

Tim Huey

761 - 780 of 6877 Posts