AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using Micca Speck (MS) and I like this unit, so I order other Micca Mplay -hd (MM) and hopefully it have more options compare with MS, but here is an big issue with new MM and I couldn't figure it out how to correct it:

I have 2TB hard drive carrying about 20 main long serial movies and each movies have 100 small serial (file), with Micca Speck when I select "movie" at home screen it show the titles of 20 main movies then when I select movie # 1 it show the title of 100 small files then I select each file to play this movie and that is normal and convenient however with new Micca Mplay-hd when I select "Movie" at home screen it show all small files (meaning it show all 2000 Files= 20x100) and that is very time consuming to search for each file to play; do you know how to set up to show the movie tittles as same as Micca Speck or my unit have some defected? - it doesn't make sense to go thru all 2000 file to select one file to play a movie.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have a Speck, but I do own an MPLAY-HD. In what format are you movies stored on your hard drive? Mine are mostly DVD-Video (vob, ifo, etc.). You'll see different behavior when you navigate through the top-level "Movie" menu rather than the "File" menu. Possibly you are using the "File" mechanism. That would show you all of the files. If you use the "Movie" path then your using the indexed / cataloged library created by the player. That method tends to remove the "file clutter" you would see from the "File" method. If you are using the unit's default settings then indexing / cataloging should be taking place, but double check your settings to make sure that that indexing is occuring (if it were not you would see nothing when you select the top-level "Movie" icon.

I hope that helps. If not, please provide more detail on your situation (i.e., video file format, particulars on how your are navigating, firmware version).

-- Tom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts