AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my search for a small, one box hd + media player for travel and kid-vids continues (sent back the Lacinema today), I found this:

http://www.miccastore.com/media-players-c-2.html

I like that it can use an NTFS formatted drive, so I can just dump a VOB on there without re-encoding it.

It's only $70 from Amazon (add your own 2.5" drive).

Seems pretty new, and the Amazon review looks like a plant, but has anyone here tried it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is NO hd media player!

It's just a 2,5" hard drive case with an integrated standard definition media player. (Max 720 x 576)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's right. A 500GB 2.5" seagate is ~$90. I want a "one-box" media player that can hold the hd internally, rather than having an external one, with more cables, etc.

Normal DVD quality is adequate for travel (and kids). It has HDMI for modern TVs and RCA plugs for old TVs in hotels.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Maybe you should buy the Xtreamer if you want an "one-box media player that can hold the 2,5" hd internally"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got this thing and it is really small--about the size of a 3.5" bare drive. Plays all my old Divx movies and tv shows.

However, there does appear to be either a 2MB file size limit (even though it's NTFS) or it can't play 854x480. Have to experiment a bit.

A good stopgap until the new WDTV with internal storage and networking comes out.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyJon /forum/post/16993703

I got this thing and it is really small--about the size of a 3.5" bare drive. Plays all my old Divx movies and tv shows.

However, there does appear to be either a 2MB file size limit (even though it's NTFS) or it can't play 854x480. Have to experiment a bit.

A good stopgap until the new WDTV with internal storage and networking comes out.

Hi, I'm about to buy this Micca drive from Amazon and I'm wondering if you like it so far. Could you give us an update with your impressions? Looks like you've had it for some time already. Thank you in advance, RallyJon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts