AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres been numerous threads about this but we here in the tiny metropolis of Regina dont get ISF'ers out this way too often (never?).

But my 57" Hitachi will be ever so grateful when he does arrive this Friday.

Too bad I only got 2-3 others interested in getting this done. Let all the JSP's watch blurry red movies....who cares?:D

Yosh70

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

That's okay ... I dug up one more person. See you Friday.

Regards

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yosh:

Be prepared for the inevitable conclusion that your Hitachi has the dreaded Pastel/Posterization issue and that you should return your television. Last I heard MichaelTLV had run into the double digits with Hitachis WX series having this issue.

JK

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Returning is always up to the owner. Not my concern. Can adopt the philosophy of "if you can't fix it, I don't want to know about it."

Not quite into double digits yets. :D

Regards

·
Registered
748 Posts
How many have you seen that DIDN'T have that problem anyway?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

I've seen about 4 to 5 that did not have the problem (or where it was mild enough as to be a non-issue).

Regards

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well I hope I'm one of the lucky ones when my new (third) Hitachi shows up this weekend.

·
Registered
853 Posts
ME TOO! ;)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if I have it (pastel problem), I dont notice it. I did the red push tweak

in the service menu and it turned out very good....color at around 45 now.

I guess we'll see when Michael gets here. :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
I've been trying to find out if anyone has ever seen this pastel problem through the internal HD tuner on a XWX.

Has anyone seen this happen?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dammit!
I've been trying to find out if anyone has ever seen this pastel problem through the internal HD tuner on a XWX.

Has anyone seen this happen?

·
Registered
972 Posts
I don't see it on my XWX on any input or the internal tuner. Doesn't mean it's not there, it's just that I don't think I see it. It's not denial. Could be ignorance I suppose, but I really don't think it's there. ISF tech that did my grayscale didn't mention that he saw it, although I didn't ask.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well if you don't see it, I wouldn't recommend you go looking for it just to answer my question. ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't have it on my XWX at least I don't think so. Gregg Lowen calibrated the set a few months ago and said he was pleased with the results, I assume if the problem existed he would have seen it.

Ken

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well Michael came for about 4-5 hours Friday night and did his magic:D and the difference is quite amazing....I believe the simple "tweak" of restacking the screens really helped (no more glare for one) and DVD now justs looks HD-like. Ok maybe not exactly, but the definition and colors have definitely improved. I am very happy with my GWX now and I wont hesitate to recommend an ISF calibration to anyone. As long as the wife doesnt ask how much, Im GTG.;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Did he mention if there were any signs of the pastel problems?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya know, I asked him about that near the beginning and never really got a definitive answer.....I certainly dont notice it but maybe someone with a trained eye could....we'll see if Michael is willing to reply in this thread whether or not my TV has this issue.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Your TV has the pastel problem, but it is so so minimal that it is a non-issue. Don't worry about it since you really cannot see it.

Regards

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.