AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mighty HTPC Heroes

I'm in the process of building my first HTPC (goal is to record OTA shows from the major networks (bye bye DishNetwork
). So far, I have the following components:

Case: Antec NSK2480 (Micro-ATX)

Tv Tuner Cards: Air2PC (Rev.02) ... I have 5 of these

Preferred PVR software: Mythbuntu

What I'm trying to figure out is what motherboard can I go with that would allow me to have 3 tv tuner cards in it (such that I could be recording 2 shows while watching the third). Everything I see based on the PCI slots point to 2 and then some fancy PCI-Express slot (which I don't have a clue what that is for

Are there any micro-atx motherboards out there that will allow me to have 3 pci slots for the tv tuners and possibly another free slot for a video card if the motherboard doesn't have that covered adequately? If so, do they play nice with the latest version of Mythbuntu? While I'm asking for the impossible, any that also has an onboard wireless card as I plan to connect to the internet via this method instead of running ethernet cables downstairs?

My guess is that I'm asking for something that doesn't exist and will need to make the decision of going to a bigger case or not using as many tv tuners but thought I'd ask the experts.

Any ideas/suggestions will be taken as the gospel and you will be idolized in my weary eyes

Have a great day!

chris

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thought that I had was in placing a few of the pci cards into a USB enclosure. Does anyone know if this is doable and where could a fella find things such as this.

Have a great day!

chris

·
Registered
165 Posts
maybe a hdhomerun can replace 1 or 2 of your tuna's.

the hdhome run does ota, and/or qam. Its network based so no need for pci slots

1 - 5 of 5 Posts