AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent MicroATX board. I believe I killed my MB last night and need to replace it and the processor.

I need 2 Serial Ports (one or both can be internal headers) and an AGP slot. The computer will be playing MP3s through a stereo and DVDs to a TV (standard definition) via SVideo or Component Cables, so it doesn't need much processor mojo. Up until yesterday it was based on a PIII and worked fine.

Brian

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have two Foxconn 865M01 board that work fine. Don't know if they support PIII's. Also tried a Abit S10 whihc I dont' like. All of these are for Intel socket 478 processors.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at a few Foxconn boards, but they appear to only have a single COM port. Unfortunately I need one for my IR Receiver and one for my VFD Display.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsTV
Chainteck 7NIF2 works well, and even has mounting holes for Zalman HSF for quiet system.
I'm very happy with my 7NIF2 as well. Working nicely as my 16:9 SD Windows MCE HTPC. Not using the on-board video though these days, fitted a Radeon 9600 Pro card instead (for UK RGB VGA to SCART interlacing reasons)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.