AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a pocket camcorder (candy bar style) for my child for Xmas. She likes shooting videos of herself, so I want a device that allows the lens to be flipped so she can see the screen while shooting herself. It looks like my options are the Sony MHS-PM5 and the Samsung HMX-E10. The Samsung is a bit more expensive, but looks to be better in most every way.

The one concern I have is that is only takes micro SDHC cards. I'm not thrilled with having to buy cards (I have cards to use if I go with the Sony), but I more concerned about performance vs full size SDHC.

Any opinions on shooting HD video with micro vs standard SDHC cards?

Thanks.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann
What opinions? You need particular media - you buy it.
Wondering about speed and performance of micro vs standard SDHC cards. I don't mind buying into micro, but I really don't want to pay more for a tradeoff in speed or quality. I'm kind of assuming that there won't be a huge tradeoff, but I'm just not seeing many (or any) examples of micro SDHC being used in devices like HD camcorder.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droht
Wondering about speed and performance of micro vs standard SDHC cards. I don't mind buying into micro, but I really don't want to pay more for a tradeoff in speed or quality. I'm kind of assuming that there won't be a huge tradeoff, but I'm just not seeing many (or any) examples of micro SDHC being used in devices like HD camcorder.
What tradeoff? MicroSD have the same class rating system as regular SD cards, you buy the card which is of the correct speed class. Also get an SD adapter, and you will be able to use microSD in SD reader.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.