AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, most people wouldn't recommend the the micro speaker system, but I have a very small living room that just doesn't have the space for floor standing and surround speakers. So here are my choices:

Bose AM-15

or

Boston System9000II

or any other suggestions

Which one should I go for? I am interested in more clearer, higher clarity (brighter) sound. Thanks everyone!

-faz

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree with phyre3; go for the Aura Whispers or Baby Grand HT package. I heard these tiny speakers available in Black or white piano finish. Amazing, especially considering the size & price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I personally work for an audio/video store. When a customer ask for Mirco Speakers, here are some suggestions I would make to them.

1) PSB Alpha Intro LR

2) NHT SuperZero

3) Klipsch Quintet

4) Altantic Technology T70 or T90

We usually talk them out of the Bose system due to the fact those speakers doesn't even have a mid range and they are very expensive for what they got to offer.

But remember one thing bigger speaker does produce a better preformance.

Wish you the best of luck on your speaker hunting.

Bill

·
Registered
388 Posts
As small as they are, you should get something with 2 speakers per box - tweeter and mid-range

You can add the Paradigm to your list.

I heard a system from Modant Short last weekend. Very impressive for such small speakers.

Pleeeeeese do not buy the Bose they are very poor value for the money. They sound tinny like the speakers on an old TV.

(I thought the Bose had one 3 inch midrange and no tweeter).

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
I think Morel now has something that looks very much like the Gallo Nucleus. I have heard good things about Gallo's new 2 Driver "Due?" The Paradigm Atom should be included as well. Good Luck!

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Morel had some on display at CES2001, but I can't seem to find any info on them on the web :-(

Cabasse has the pricey Io/Jupiter setup (about US$4500 if memory serves me correctly). Info at http://www.northstarleading.com

Blueroom minipods are a unique looking setup, info at http://www.minipod.com

B&W has their leisure monitor series which might fit the bill, at http://www.bwspeakers.com which I suspect would do OK, if you add your own sub, like an SV 25-31PC or a HSU VTF-2.

Regards,

·
Registered
363 Posts
Look for speakers that have a relatively flat frequency response at or below your receiver/processor's crossover. For example, Boston Acoustics System 10K has adequate frequency response with an 80 Hz crossover. The System 9000 should be used with a crossover of at least 120 Hz.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.