AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was over on xbox.com and theres announcement and details on Fable III for 360.

I though Microsoft was commited to only detailing games coming out in the foreseeable future.

http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/community/...819-fable3.htm

The Race for the Crown Begins in Fable III

Published August 19, 2009

Alexander the Great. Genghis Khan. Queen Elizabeth I. Che Guevara. Throughout history, revolutionary leaders have taken very different paths to power, bringing about prosperity and poverty, peace and sometimes anarchy to their people.

Return to the living world of Albion in Fable III.

Now Microsoft and Lionhead Studios will explore the journey to rule, with you in pursuit of a kingdom, in Fable III, the exciting new game in the critically acclaimed Fable franchise. The title's debut was confirmed today at gamescom in Germany by Peter Molyneux, Lionhead's creative director, and will be available exclusively on Xbox® 360 in the 2010 holiday season.

"Be not deceived. Revolutions do not go backward."

Abraham Lincoln

Since its inception, the blockbuster Fable franchise has offered the opportunity to choose your own destinies as a hero, villain, or someone between, where the possibilities are limitless and the consequences can weigh heavily on the path to greatness.

Fable III Trailer

Get a first look at this upcoming Xbox 360 exclusive.

View

Monarch or Tyrant?

In this new adventure, you will witness tyranny, poverty, and injustice plague your land. You will see a people divided, and you will be compelled to stand up for change. You will also be forced to answer a question: What would you sacrifice to secure the crown of Albion? Will you uphold the values and principles that led to your ascension, or will you be corrupted by the station you've strived to acquire? Will you be a monarch of the people, or bring the entirety of Albion to the brink of collapse?

"We've spent a lot of time at Lionhead thinking about how we can innovate the gameplay and progress the world of the Fable games for its third chapter, and we're confident that players won't second-guess what we have planned for Fable III," said Molyneux, who also serves as creative director of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa for Microsoft Game Studios. "Though I can't give too much away right now, players should expect to have to make much tougher choices with far wider consequences than ever before in Albionand with many more interactive adventure elements."

In the epic story of Fable III, the journey to rule the throne of Albion begins five decades after the events of the last chapter, and you play as the child of your hero from Fable® II. As you rule your kingdom as king or queen, you will be called upon to make choices and sacrifices that will test your morality and can affect your entire kingdom. Themes of heroism, leadership, and consequence are taken to a grand scale as you fight to unite a divided people.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer /forum/post/17034723

I though Microsoft was commited to only detailing games coming out in the foreseeable future.

i thought that was their slogan and plan of attack for E3?

·
Registered
484 Posts
They probably just wanted to annouce something to take some attention away from Sony. Anything you can do, Microsoft can do better.

Who cares anyways?

Fable II sucked.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeiler /forum/post/17035052

Who cares anyways?

Fable II sucked.

well if you dont include pack-in's... fable 2 is the 9th best seller on the 360.... over 3 million copies is quite a bit for a game that "sucked"

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
1- Fable III is due in 2010, as is Halo Reach and Crackdown II; all are due within a 12 month Window. This is about normal for MS. (It's not like they're announcing something that won't ship for 4 years like a certain cult racing game, among others, that still has no launch date.)

2- Also, Fable III will be a NATAL launch title, by all reports, and they've been letting the euro-press verify that NATAL is real.

3- As pointed out, Fable II episodic launches in the next few weeks.

Nothing unusual, really.

·
Banned
540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/17035099

well if you dont include pack-in's... fable 2 is the 9th best seller on the 360.... over 3 million copies is quite a bit for a game that "sucked"

Mario 64 sold a lot of copies too and it was the suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked. Sales don't prove a game is good, just that it appealed to the masses. But you're right, I played through the whole game and Fable 2 didn't suck. The fact that it sold that well, though, is a testament to how starved for decent non FPS games this generation is.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
Mario 64 did NOT suck..... and come on FJ.... we all know that cult racer is coming..... "soon"

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Mario 64 didnt suck, Mario Sunshine sucked. Disappointing game.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpggamer /forum/post/17036171

Mario 64 sold a lot of copies too and it was the suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked. Sales don't prove a game is good, just that it appealed to the masses. But you're right, I played through the whole game and Fable 2 didn't suck. The fact that it sold that well, though, is a testament to how starved for decent non FPS games this generation is.

this isn't about sales, or even your personel opinion of a game. It's not about Fable. It's about Microsofts release policy in regards to information on future games/products.

Quote:
Halo Reach and Crackdown II; all are due within a 12 month Window

Those also struck me as odd with regards to microsofts "old" policy. I only really want to know dates for games that are coming out in the next few months, max 6. And it seemed for awhile thats the way it was. Anythig after that and just tell me its coming out sometime.

As others have said its probaly in reaction to Sony. But I prefered when they told me about games I could get my hands on shortly not wait year(s)

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer /forum/post/17036488

But I prefered when they told me about games I could get my hands on shortly not wait year(s)

But they never did *only* the near-term games.

Mass Effect, Halo 3, Fable, GTA IV, lots of high-profile games get advance notice.

What MS didn't do, and they still don't, is swamp near term games with news of far out games. At the various shows they highlight mostly near-term stuff but they do tease with the further out content.

As far as I'm concerned, a one year window doesn't go beyond the bonds of decency. Two years or more is irrelevant so I just ignore the noise.

For example, Mass Effect news I'll take note of; Fallout Vegas, not so much.

Forza 3 yes.

Cult racers, no.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts