AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Seems kinda silly. If they'd release a Halo 1 map pack for Reach it'd appease 95% of those who'd be interested in a remake.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I never played 1 or 2 because I didn't have a original Xbox. As such, I never played 3 b/c I didn't have the story back drop or experience. I DID play Reach because it was the beginning of it all.

So, for me I'd be psyched. Day 1 purchase if its true.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
You can play both of the originals on your 360 though...and they don't look too terrible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A Halo CE remake would be incredible! Imagine how they'd be able to update the game and make us Halo lovers relive the whole thing over again? Halo 2 was the best of the games in my opinion, and I'd love that to be followed up with a high-tech update. Ah, dreams are good...

·
Registered
493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 /forum/post/19569348

You can play both of the originals on your 360 though...and they don't look too terrible.

I won't though. As a husband and father of two my gaming time is very limited. I won't spend time on something that doesn't take full advantage of the system.

Short sighted perhaps, but its a choice I make.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
even halo ce wouldn't be the same

for me halo ce was all about getting lots of friends together for halo lan parties, xbox live is great but will never be able to re-create the fun that was a halo ce lan party

·
Registered
256 Posts
This would be a day one buy for me. I loved the original Halo, played the crap outta that game.

Anyone else stand in line somewhere in November of 2001 to pick up the very first Xbox? Great fun, and a great time with a killer launch game like Halo. I suppose had it not been for Halo on Microsofts first foray into consoles, we probably wouldnt be here now talking about it. Halo was the only thing that made the xbox relevant and able to stand up to the mighty PS2.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I played the 1st one on PC. For a while before I got it, though, I played the crap out of the Blood Gulch demo multiplayer map. Ah, good times.

I got the 2nd one on PC as well, but because of a glitch, it wouldn't let me past the 2nd mission (the Arbiter I believe). I've been meaning to pick it up and play it on the 360. I do know the story, though (anyone else spend countless hours reading through the Halo wiki
).

·
Registered
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegdragger /forum/post/19569556

This would be a day one buy for me. I loved the original Halo, played the crap outta that game.

Anyone else stand in line somewhere in November of 2001 to pick up the very first Xbox? Great fun, and a great time with a killer launch game like Halo. I suppose had it not been for Halo on Microsofts first foray into consoles, we probably wouldnt be here now talking about it. Halo was the only thing that made the xbox relevant and able to stand up to the mighty PS2.

Ah the memories. Yeah I went to Best Buy at like 8 AM. There were a few people there. I bought Halo CE without really knowing anything about it. Little did I know, it would be the begining of a great franchise. I prefer the single player campaign. I don't really like the multiplayer

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
This seems like a good idea. Halo was very popular but really how many 360 owners played it given the larger user base and bleared appeal of the 360 compared to to the XBox classic?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy /forum/post/19569421

I won't though. As a husband and father of two my gaming time is very limited. I won't spend time on something that doesn't take full advantage of the system.

Short sighted perhaps, but its a choice I make.

Both Halo and Halo 2 look very good on the 360. While the first game is only 4:3, part 2 could easily be mistaken for a first gen 360 title. And both can be had for short money.

Personally, I'd love to see hi-def, widescreen remake of the original game. It has arguably the best single player story and campaign in the series and the gameplay still holds up nicely (I did another run thru the campaign a few months ago and had a lot of fun).

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Ah....original Halo.

What was the name of that PC program that allowed you to play it online? Many an all nighter pulled in the basement with friends...most of the night spent trying to set up online multiplayer games and only to get booted out over and over.....

·
Registered
256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike LS /forum/post/19573810

Ah....original Halo.

What was the name of that PC program that allowed you to play it online? Many an all nighter pulled in the basement with friends...most of the night spent trying to set up online multiplayer games and only to get booted out over and over.....

GameSpy!! Yeah!!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
GameSpy was one...had to look it up. We used XBConnect.

That was probably some of the best online gaming I've ever done.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I've never gotten rid of my original xbox versions of 1 and 2, but I figured they'd eventually release the trilogy ( 1,2,3 not counting OSDT and Reach) with all the current gen bells and whistles.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I downloaded the original onto my 360 and still have fun with once in a blue moon. I might purchase this if it's $5. But I'm not sure if it's really worth it unless they're talking about 1080p and 60fps. I doubt that they would bump it up that high.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegdragger /forum/post/19569556

Anyone else stand in line somewhere in November of 2001 to pick up the very first Xbox?

Ahh, the xbox launch. One of my favorite console launch stories... so here it goes:

First, I was 17 and in high school. We were told that anyone who skipped to go get an xbox would be suspended no questions asked. Did that deter me? Not a bit.

I went to Wal-Mart at about 6:00 pm the night of release. Got in a line of about 3 people and waited for midnight. By launch time, the line was about 500 long at the electronics section. We were asking questions about if they were giving to the first in line or what the plan was and they wouldn't tell anyone anything.

At about 12:05 a guy comes on the intercom and says that tickets will be given out at the tire center to the first 30(I think) customers. The whole mass of 500 people immediately start sprinting to the tire center. People were pushing buggies in front of each other, pushing people out of the way, and out-running the handicapped. It was insanity. Needless to say, I was on the opposite end of the herd because I got there early. No luck, and I was pissed.

Got up the next morning, went to k-mart 30 minutes before it opened and was 6th in line and got the 6th and final xbox. Haven't bought a game system, game, or peripheral from Wal-Mart since. That was stupid and they are lucky if no one filed a law suit for endangering shoppers.

Oh, and I skipped school with no suspension.

K-MART FTW!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.