·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running bootcamp and staying primarily in Windows 7 for:

o MCE

o MediaBrowser

o HDHomeRun Prime

When I first went into Win 7, I had a large black border around the screen, after doing a bit of digging, it looks like I need to install the Catalyst Control Drivers, so I got:

amd_catalyst_11.8_preview_driver_july_12

and fixed the overscan, the issue is that my mac mini now uses about 25% resources with ccc.exe and the fan will kick up every hour or so and blow like mad - I think it wants to leave.

did anyone try a different driver?

if so, which one works for you?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'll be following your experience closely as I'm planning out my HTPC build with two 2011 mini servers for a Ceton & Hauppauge duo. I know the HDHR Prime would save one piece of equipment, but I'm a chicken about network bandwidth.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone run into this? I've installed the preview drivers, uninstalled and installed the release drivers.

Seemingly, at random, the CPU hits about 33% with the catalyst control center and the fans start blowing like mad - I wind up turning the machine off.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've not run into this on my 2011 Mac Mini Server which has the Intel HD 3000 graphics. Did you try just the bootcamp drivers?

The Mac Mini Bootcamp 4.0 drivers are definitely better than past driver packages.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did; problem was I had black borders around the screen

frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut3d /forum/post/20911729

I've not run into this on my 2011 Mac Mini Server which has the Intel HD 3000 graphics. Did you try just the bootcamp drivers?

The Mac Mini Bootcamp 4.0 drivers are definitely better than past driver packages.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It sounds like hardware accelerated DXVA is disabled and interlaced content is being handled via software.

Do you have stuttering (29/59 frame rate issue) on HBO or Cinemax? I have severe stuttering on some shows on HBO HD 801 Comcast SF Bay Area. It appears to be the 29/59 frame rate bug (confirmed by pressing 4-1-1-Info and looking at the last information page).

I'm trying to determine if I should swap the 2011 Mac Mini Server (Intel HD3000) with the dual core i7 model (ATI/AMD discrete graphics)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.