AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I going to be installing an AXS-SXR-43 rack unit.... the unit slides out and then rotates.

I spent way too much time looking at the "Show me your Rack" threads, what I missed seeing was how people actually managed the wires beyond the rack where all the movement takes place. When the unit is slid all the way back, there doesn't seem to be much room left for wires.

Since this unit slides and rotates... it can't use the folding wire tray.

The manual shows it just "draping the wires over some lacing bars. But I was wondering if anyone had any other practical methods to this?

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
After putting in several of these on campus, we have gone to a variation of the draping of cables over a lacing bar to suspending a loop of nylon webbing from a lacing bar to support the cable bundle(s). The tie wrapped bundled cables would always get hung up on the 90 degree angle of the lacing bar when sliding the rack back into its nest, plus there was a concern of the stress created by the weight of the cable bundle on any CatX cabling caught in the outside of the bundle.
There's a little bit of gap created by a cleat at the end of the sliding rails to allow for cabling. Just make sure you support your wire loop high enough that the bottom of the loop of cable doesn't touch the floor and cause the bundle to buckle and become thicker when the rack is fully slid into place.
Try to get most of your cabling in place up to the back of the rack portion before loading the rack up. (build in a service loop now, if slack allows) Give yourself a chance to slide it in and out while there's still access to see what's happening and make changes before you start connecting anything.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
^^^^^^

This is what I essentially did.....

Fixed frame has wiring attached with enough wire to fully open and rotate rack. Wire is also attached to movable frame.......you'll definitely need enough wire to attach to both ends and allow to drape in two inch gap between movable rack and fixed rack. Have NEVER had issue with pinching wire or not being able to fully close rack.

Without a doubt, ASX-R was best solution I came across for my room/rack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts