AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Ok so I just moved to Sweden with my US spec equipment.

TV - Sammy LN-52A650

Receiver - Onkyo ht-s6100

US Spec PS3

The problem that I have is that the Onkyo has the Faroudja DCDi Edge chip that is supposed to upscale 576i/p (PAL) to 1080p but it isn't working. I was thinking about getting a mid-priced scaler like the vaporware Gefen TV Scaler Pro. Around $500 is what I want to spend and I would like it to upscale my SD sources now and be able to scale a PAL spec HD to my US spec TV in the future. I am not a pro by any means and can usually only see the most obvious interlacing and artifact issues. I think the Gefen would be great for the price but I want somethign now because i am stuck watching tv on a SD CRT 27".

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbz23 /forum/post/15560675

Hey all,

Ok so I just moved to Sweden with my US spec equipment.

TV - Sammy LN-52A650

Receiver - Onkyo ht-s6100

US Spec PS3

The problem that I have is that the Onkyo has the Faroudja DCDi Edge chip that is supposed to upscale 576i/p (PAL) to 1080p but it isn't working. I was thinking about getting a mid-priced scaler like the vaporware Gefen TV Scaler Pro. Around $500 is what I want to spend and I would like it to upscale my SD sources now and be able to scale a PAL spec HD to my US spec TV in the future. I am not a pro by any means and can usually only see the most obvious interlacing and artifact issues. I think the Gefen would be great for the price but I want somethign now because i am stuck watching tv on a SD CRT 27".

Thanks!!

Look at the dvdo edge...

Daniel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice. I actually decided i couldn't wait any longer any went ahead and ordered one from ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts