AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I ordered some Middle Atlantic rack drawers and I prefer the less expensive UD series over the TD series. The UD drawers are the same size, use the same drawer glides, open just as far, are made from the same guage metal, and are in every way as good as the TD drawers, with the advantage of having a full width "handle" rather than the little thumb pull. In fact, the UD drawers seem even a little smoother and quieter. The UD drawers have a small knockout on the back for running a cable into the drawer, and a knockout on the front for adding a user installable lock. If I didn't know which was the more expensive drawer, I'd say the less expensive UD was. By the way, comparisons aside, these are NICE drawers. In fact, all the Middle Atlantic stuff I have is absolutely first rate.

David

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Middle Atlantic Products is a first rate company. I would compare them to Stewart Filmscreen in terms of quality and customer service. They do an OUTSTANDING job of delivering products fast and on time. They even have a 3 day turnaround on their custom RSH faceplates. As a company, I can't recommend them highly enough.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't find any rack drawers in their online store. Limited offerings overall. Maybe they are just getting started and don't have everything on their web site?

David

·
Registered
536 Posts
They do have drawers, but their site does not list them -- check their stuff out on ebay -- search under "sellers" for datarax.

I have not ordered from them yet, but am considering it since MA stuff is pretty expensive. I have no idea if the quality is as good as MA, but it might be worth a shot

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. the Middle Atlantic stuff is expensive, and not everyone wants to pay for that kind of quality. The UD series of rack drawers is very reasonably priced AND excellent quality. I'm wondering if they didn't just "upgrade" them since some info I saw indicated the drawers didn't quite open all the way, but the ones I just got do, so I can reach the DVD's in the back of a full drawer. And the rollers seem to be exactly the same as on the more expensive D-series drawers. In fact, the UD drawers have an additional rubber piece on the "stop" so that the drawers close with a thunk rather than a clank. I also prefer the integrated drawer width handle on the UD drawers to the single thumb-handle on the D series. The latch on the D series intrudes into the drawer, interfering with media placed in the front of the drawer.

Let us know how the Datarax drawers compare with the MA drawers.

David

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I went with datarax shelfs about 6 months ago, and give them thumbs up. I didn't know they are now making drawers till now. Hmmmm, gonna have to get me some of those some day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.