AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Popper (thanks Stargate) and ordered my Caramel Glaze and "Savory Flavors" shakers. Anyone have experience with either Act II or Mightly Pop. The local Sam's sells 50 lb bags at a reasonalbe price. Seems like Mega Pop is the brand of choice - Do these compare with Mega Pop.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
50 pounds is a lot of popcorn. I would really recommend popping a few batches of corn and getting a feel for things before buying a 50 pound sack that might wind up as bird seed. Not that either of these brands are bad but most people have expressed a preference for MegaPop or Weaver. You might want to locate some prepaks first and give them a try. In the end it comes down to taste, texture and the seasonings you put on. I really prefer the very large Jumbo pop type corns but other people prefer the tender white corns etc. If you are doing glazed corn in all honesty you should be using one of the varieties that is referred to a Mushroom style since it does not break up into the fine pieces that the Butterfly style does when it is stirred in the sticky glaze. On the other hand the mushroom isn't as light and fluffy as the butterfly so the butterfly is what is normally used for regular popcorn in theaters and concessions.

..Doyle

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made my way back to Sam's after reading your reply and carefully read the package. It says it is distributed by the Weaver Popcorn Company and list popweaver.com as a web address. Not sure if it is the same as Mega Pop but for $10.00 I bought 50lbs (yes, that is a lot of popcorn.) Popped some last night and was mighty tasty. Going to go to local GFS and try the prepackaged Mega Pop to see if it is worth the extra $'s for next time.

Thanks for replying!!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WDHarmon01
I made my way back to Sam's after reading your reply and carefully read the package. It says it is distributed by the Weaver Popcorn Company and list popweaver.com as a web address. Not sure if it is the same as Mega Pop but for $10.00 I bought 50lbs (yes, that is a lot of popcorn.) Popped some last night and was mighty tasty. Going to go to local GFS and try the prepackaged Mega Pop to see if it is worth the extra $'s for next time.

Thanks for replying!!
It's the same stuff! Just a whole lot of it! Enjoy - a lot!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.